Rise of the Totenkopf

Any group news, info or publicity you'd like to share.
Muller

Rise of the Totenkopf

Post by Muller »

Kameraden,

Our Newly formed Totenkopf unit is now recruiting for the 2008 Re-enactment season. The is the coming together of our old unit and the Totenkopf unit run my David Mathews who i am sure many of you know.

Our Website http://www.totenkopf.org.uk is here for you to see what we are about, we also have a unit forum where unit members can discuss all matters Totenkopf http://totenkopf.6.forumer.com/index.php (hope its ok to post the link, sorry if not?)

Totenkopf are fully insured and all members join AFRA as standard, we are looking to do some of the major shows this year and also participate in many private battles.

Agreed our chosen impression is not the easist one to do but we feel that as a fighting unit the soldaten of this Division has the same right to be represented as the rest, that said we will tread carefully :wink:

So if anyone out there is interested, have a look at the website or drop us an e-mail at toten_kopf@hotmail.co.uk

With that said we would like to wish you all a safe and great 2008 season.

Muller
Muller

Re: Rise of the Totenkopf

Post by Muller »

Officers and NCO's of the Totenkopf

Shergar

Post by Shergar »

nice to see totenkopf coming to the fore in the uk , althoughi t wasnt so long ago when here i ireland i was lambasted for having a second impression doing totenkopf and called everything including being a nazi , how times have changed .
the forums looking good , also like the anti bandit badge that one of the guys is wearing . see you lads soon , might be in normandy as well this year .
Muller

Post by Muller »

thanks for the kind words, although i am not sur times have changed that much :wink: we dont anticpate wining many friends but who knows :D

uneducated folk will always confuse us with the others who wore similar insignia, but will try and reeducate them as we go along :wink:
Shergar

Post by Shergar »

I see no reason why Totenkopf cannot be reenacted as long as it is specifically the 3rd fighting division and not other impressions that the public tend to confuse 3rd division Totenkopf with . But it is really horses for courses who would have thought that there would be ss reenactment groups like the variation that is available in the UK and with KGK in Ireland .
Not so far in the distant past it would have been unheard off then came SBG and developed the mould for this type of reenacting and other groups now have flourished these past 30 years .
It is an excellent example of how the United Kingdom places the past off the war behind and promotes inclusiveness and tolerance within its society and a credit to all good reenactors out there .
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

Good news, Muller!

Looking smart in the pic also. ;)
"He was a fighter in every way, he lived and breathed action"

RudyWerner

Post by RudyWerner »

Damn, we all look so happy! :lol:
Hennig

Post by Hennig »

RudyWerner wrote:Damn, we all look so happy! :lol:

Thats Fort Amherst for ya , it seams to leave you with a smile :wink: 8) i should of popped along to se you lads there DOH !

mike
SS Schar Hennig Der FG
SS-Feldgend Tr 1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
SECOND BATTLE GROUP
Alex
Herr Wissenschaftler

Post by Alex »

don't mean to be funny, but what percentage of Totenkopf men had that ribbon?
Why are you all, seemingly, officers and NCOs?

And, more worryingly, what did you do with all the horses? And the midgets?

but fair play guys! Takes real bravery to do totenkopf.
Muller

Post by Muller »

no offence alex all good questions, we are the coming together of two uints each with their own history and invidual awards history, Granted the ubundance of EK2's looks a little brave to say the least but these are the types of things we need to sort out,

again the same with Rank, i am sure there will be some ups and downs but its a start :lol:

plus you cant knock em for trying to do justice to perhaps the hardest impression to get away with :shock:
RudyWerner

Post by RudyWerner »

It may also be worth remembering that Totenkopf was one of the most decorated units in the German armed forces of the war...whatever the causal factor, its troops repeatedly demonstrated bravery in the face of the enemy and endured savage battles and encirclements many times.
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

' i want that one'
AFRA

Post by AFRA »

AFRA supports ALL Re-enactors and Living Historians striving to bring to the public consciousness ALL aspects of 20th Century History.
Totenkopf/Ramcke Brigade/StossgruppeIII are affiliated to AFRA by their members and are a worthy addition to the fastest growing Living History Association in the UK.
AFRA - Leading the Options For Change
Muller

Post by Muller »

and in response we appreciate the positive help and progressive thinking of AFRA that has helped us become established.

Thank you!
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

Top notch unit the totenkopf. Even better when partnered withe the Wiking :wink:
Gliderinf / Luftlande

Return to “Your Reenactment Group”