donate
PGnet home | Advertise | Donate | Contact | free classifieds
New here? Register now and join in with the most vibrant re-enactor community on the web.

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re longmoor video
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:30 pm
Posts: 479
Location: somerset
Check-out youtube 'longmoor battle 08 sbg'.3.5 minutes of saturday night battle.use sound. :P

_________________
PROUD MEMBER OF THE ALL SINGING,ALL MARCHING S.B.G.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Second Battle Group
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:01 pm 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:05 am
Posts: 737
Location: surrey
well good!!

_________________
Image
wir sind an besten,weil wir das furchtlose sind...........member of S.B.G.
sharff.(cant spell it)roffman
MEMBER OF A.F.R.A.
102nd cavarly.(N44)
combat engineers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Second Battle Group
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:19 pm
Posts: 293
Location: Gods Country: WIGAN, England
I was reading a nice 2 page article about SBG in April or Mays (cant remember) gun mart, very positive piece dispelling the bad press of the TV programme last year.

it was well written and very positive.

You are all probably aware of it.

Regards Mark

_________________
Unteroffizer: Markus Farn. Fallschirm-panzer Division, Hermann Goring.

http://www.ww2group.co.uk

wwtwogroup@blueyonder.co.uk

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Second Battle Group
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:27 am
Posts: 1256
Location: Libya and Essex.
Wiganer wrote:
I was reading a nice 2 page article about SBG in April or Mays (cant remember) gun mart, very positive piece dispelling the bad press of the TV programme last year.

it was well written and very positive.

You are all probably aware of it.

Regards Mark


Hi Mark,

I read a copy of this article at Waltham Abbey.

It certainly shows a more balanced piece of reporting compared to the sensationalism, skewed reporting and downright lies shown on 'The Weekend Nazi' programme. The problem is, once the damage has been done then the world at large will always believe or recall what was on the original programme.

Didn't somebody famous once say that 'If you tell a lie often enough then it will be accepted as the truth' (or something similar?)

Take care.

_________________
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Second Battle Group
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:42 pm
Posts: 50
Location: North london
i also read the article in gun mart

its a very well written article hearing the sbg's side of the story

i think the bbc should do another programme showing the real sbg they did'nt bother showing in the other programme how many thousands of pounds the sbg donate to the royal legion and other charities

sorry for the rant lol

and im hopefully sbg's newest member sorting out membership this week finally got my finger out to sort it :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Second Battle Group
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:55 pm
Posts: 8414
Location: AFRA - UK Nord
SBG - Supported the East of England Military Museum this weekend and I have to say once again - retained in my eyes the title of "best group in the UK" I had time to watch their preparations of the display area. Detail was amazing. I watched their parade on Sunday - usual excellence. I then stood and photographed an NCO taking them through MG Drills. BLOODY MARVELLOUS. The battle was short and sweet and short on pyro (will rememdy that for you next year gents if you will permit me!) but usual standard with disciplined fire and orders in German.
Also would like to say the people attending EoE yet again put lie to the myth of "unfriendly and aloof" - Some of the nicest, friendliest, funniest and most genuine people around made up the ranks of the SBG presence at this gig. You know who you all are and f*** me didn't we have a laugh!!!!!!

Looking forwards to Beltring and spending more time in your company! Papa Kolborn would have had a tear of pride in his eye!

_________________
Better to Light a Candle than to Curse the Darkness
Image
Image
A001


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Second Battle Group
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:13 pm
Posts: 415
Location: Essex
Hoffman Grink wrote:
Papa Kolborn would have had a tear of pride in his eye!



;)

_________________
SS-Rottenführer Kotzur
Zweite Kampfgruppe
1. SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
Meine Ehre Heißt Treue
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Second Battle Group
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:55 pm 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:05 am
Posts: 737
Location: surrey
Hoffman Grink wrote:
SBG - Supported the East of England Military Museum this weekend and I have to say once again - retained in my eyes the title of "best group in the UK" I had time to watch their preparations of the display area. Detail was amazing. I watched their parade on Sunday - usual excellence. I then stood and photographed an NCO taking them through MG Drills. BLOODY MARVELLOUS. The battle was short and sweet and short on pyro (will rememdy that for you next year gents if you will permit me!) but usual standard with disciplined fire and orders in German.
Also would like to say the people attending EoE yet again put lie to the myth of "unfriendly and aloof" - Some of the nicest, friendliest, funniest and most genuine people around made up the ranks of the SBG presence at this gig. You know who you all are and f*** me didn't we have a laugh!!!!!!

Looking forwards to Beltring and spending more time in your company! Papa Kolborn would have had a tear of pride in his eye!



WELL SAID PAUL....

MY BOYS MADE ME PROUD..
AND I LOVE TIMMO FOR HIS OLD SCHOOL BANTERING..TOOK ME BACK TO MY SCOOTER BOY DAYS!!!!


CALM DOWN!CALM DOWN!

_________________
Image
wir sind an besten,weil wir das furchtlose sind...........member of S.B.G.
sharff.(cant spell it)roffman
MEMBER OF A.F.R.A.
102nd cavarly.(N44)
combat engineers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Second Battle Group
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:13 pm
Posts: 738
Location: Costa del medway
[quote="TIGER RIDER



MY BOYS MADE ME PROUD..
AND I LOVE TIMMO FOR HIS OLD SCHOOL BANTERING..TOOK ME BACK TO MY SCOOTER BOY DAYS!!!!


CALM DOWN!CALM DOWN![/quote]

Thats best said with a liverpool accent :wink:

_________________
SS Schar Hennig Der FG
SS-Feldgend Tr 1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
SECOND BATTLE GROUP


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Second Battle Group
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:39 am
Posts: 32
Schäfer wrote:
The problem is, once the damage has been done then the world at large will always believe or recall what was on the original programme.


Apologies for grave digging this but I disagree. I'm a mere reenactor spotter verging on the activity, but I was infuriated at that program and have had many conversations about it especially with people who know I go to the Kent shows. Just about everyone I've talked to has been satisfied at my explanation about it being more about making sensationalist TV than a decent and honest documentary.

My point is how open and honest communication will always eventually defeat the closed and deceitful. Don't Panic! We're not all idiots feeding at that great glass teat in our living rooms. :wink:

cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Second Battle Group
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:49 pm 
Offline
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:05 am
Posts: 737
Location: surrey
Phil wrote:
Schäfer wrote:
The problem is, once the damage has been done then the world at large will always believe or recall what was on the original programme.


Apologies for grave digging this but I disagree. I'm a mere reenactor spotter verging on the activity, but I was infuriated at that program and have had many conversations about it especially with people who know I go to the Kent shows. Just about everyone I've talked to has been satisfied at my explanation about it being more about making sensationalist TV than a decent and honest documentary.

My point is how open and honest communication will always eventually defeat the closed and deceitful. Don't Panic! We're not all idiots feeding at that great glass teat in our living rooms. :wink:

cheers




well said and thankyou..
:wink:

_________________
Image
wir sind an besten,weil wir das furchtlose sind...........member of S.B.G.
sharff.(cant spell it)roffman
MEMBER OF A.F.R.A.
102nd cavarly.(N44)
combat engineers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Second Battle Group
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:27 am
Posts: 1256
Location: Libya and Essex.
Phil wrote:
Schäfer wrote:
The problem is, once the damage has been done then the world at large will always believe or recall what was on the original programme.


Apologies for grave digging this but I disagree. I'm a mere reenactor spotter verging on the activity, but I was infuriated at that program and have had many conversations about it especially with people who know I go to the Kent shows. Just about everyone I've talked to has been satisfied at my explanation about it being more about making sensationalist TV than a decent and honest documentary.

My point is how open and honest communication will always eventually defeat the closed and deceitful. Don't Panic! We're not all idiots feeding at that great glass teat in our living rooms. :wink:

cheers


Phil, I respect your point of view but you should have quoted my full text, not just that small part of it.

Cheers.

_________________
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Second Battle Group
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:45 pm
Posts: 232
I'm also a SBG member, but in Spain. We watched the program in Detling (all toghether) and they have shown it in the spanish TV also.
Absolutely everybody that I've spoken said the same: TV-crapp!
My best regards to all! See you in Beltring!
Albert "Schulz"

_________________
Hurra, die Gams!
3./GJR 100
Come and visit us at http://gjr100.blogspot.com/
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Second Battle Group
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:27 am
Posts: 1256
Location: Libya and Essex.
All those who are active in the hobby, or on the fringes say exactly the same, and I personally agree. We know the truth of the matter and there is nothing to worry about.

However, a lot of mud was thrown and some organisations and shows won't allow Axis involvement now as a result. For instance, there was a 1940's weekend at Chatham during the Autumn last year. I asked if our group could attend but was informed that Axis groups weren't allowed to participate 'Because of that programme.'

Delving a bit more deeply I was told that some sponsors threatened to withdraw their funding from the event if German groups were involved, because of what was in the programme, hence the reason for the 'ban.'

Fortunately, that show was in the minority, we are still able to attend the majority of events.

_________________
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Second Battle Group
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:08 pm
Posts: 628
Location: Henham, Essex
Verdammit! I thought the dust had settled on this one... obviously not
:x

_________________
It's not real... it's called re-enacting!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

*webmaster temp testing**

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group