Second Battle Group

Any group news, info or publicity you'd like to share.
Gren Broich

Re longmoor video

Post by Gren Broich »

Check-out youtube 'longmoor battle 08 sbg'.3.5 minutes of saturday night battle.use sound. :P
PROUD MEMBER OF THE ALL SINGING,ALL MARCHING S.B.G.
TIGER RIDER
Administrator

Re: Second Battle Group

Post by TIGER RIDER »

well good!!
wir sind an besten,weil wir das furchtlose sind...........member of S.B.G.
sharff.(cant spell it)roffman
MEMBER OF A.F.R.A.
102nd cavarly.(N44)
combat engineers.
Wiganer

Post by Wiganer »

I was reading a nice 2 page article about SBG in April or Mays (cant remember) gun mart, very positive piece dispelling the bad press of the TV programme last year.

it was well written and very positive.

You are all probably aware of it.

Regards Mark
Unteroffizer: Markus Farn. Fallschirm-panzer Division, Hermann Goring.

http://www.ww2group.co.uk

wwtwogroup@blueyonder.co.uk

Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

Wiganer wrote:I was reading a nice 2 page article about SBG in April or Mays (cant remember) gun mart, very positive piece dispelling the bad press of the TV programme last year.

it was well written and very positive.

You are all probably aware of it.

Regards Mark
Hi Mark,

I read a copy of this article at Waltham Abbey.

It certainly shows a more balanced piece of reporting compared to the sensationalism, skewed reporting and downright lies shown on 'The Weekend Nazi' programme. The problem is, once the damage has been done then the world at large will always believe or recall what was on the original programme.

Didn't somebody famous once say that 'If you tell a lie often enough then it will be accepted as the truth' (or something similar?)

Take care.
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

jochenpeiper

Post by jochenpeiper »

i also read the article in gun mart

its a very well written article hearing the sbg's side of the story

i think the bbc should do another programme showing the real sbg they did'nt bother showing in the other programme how many thousands of pounds the sbg donate to the royal legion and other charities

sorry for the rant lol

and im hopefully sbg's newest member sorting out membership this week finally got my finger out to sort it :mrgreen:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

SBG - Supported the East of England Military Museum this weekend and I have to say once again - retained in my eyes the title of "best group in the UK" I had time to watch their preparations of the display area. Detail was amazing. I watched their parade on Sunday - usual excellence. I then stood and photographed an NCO taking them through MG Drills. BLOODY MARVELLOUS. The battle was short and sweet and short on pyro (will rememdy that for you next year gents if you will permit me!) but usual standard with disciplined fire and orders in German.
Also would like to say the people attending EoE yet again put lie to the myth of "unfriendly and aloof" - Some of the nicest, friendliest, funniest and most genuine people around made up the ranks of the SBG presence at this gig. You know who you all are and f*** me didn't we have a laugh!!!!!!

Looking forwards to Beltring and spending more time in your company! Papa Kolborn would have had a tear of pride in his eye!
Casbah Rock

Post by Casbah Rock »

Hoffman Grink wrote: Papa Kolborn would have had a tear of pride in his eye!

;)
SS-Rottenführer Kotzur
Zweite Kampfgruppe
1. SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
Meine Ehre Heißt Treue
TIGER RIDER
Administrator

Post by TIGER RIDER »

Hoffman Grink wrote:SBG - Supported the East of England Military Museum this weekend and I have to say once again - retained in my eyes the title of "best group in the UK" I had time to watch their preparations of the display area. Detail was amazing. I watched their parade on Sunday - usual excellence. I then stood and photographed an NCO taking them through MG Drills. BLOODY MARVELLOUS. The battle was short and sweet and short on pyro (will rememdy that for you next year gents if you will permit me!) but usual standard with disciplined fire and orders in German.
Also would like to say the people attending EoE yet again put lie to the myth of "unfriendly and aloof" - Some of the nicest, friendliest, funniest and most genuine people around made up the ranks of the SBG presence at this gig. You know who you all are and f*** me didn't we have a laugh!!!!!!

Looking forwards to Beltring and spending more time in your company! Papa Kolborn would have had a tear of pride in his eye!

WELL SAID PAUL....

MY BOYS MADE ME PROUD..
AND I LOVE TIMMO FOR HIS OLD SCHOOL BANTERING..TOOK ME BACK TO MY SCOOTER BOY DAYS!!!!

CALM DOWN!CALM DOWN!
MEMBER OF A.F.R.A.
102nd cavarly.(N44)
combat engineers.
Hennig

Post by Hennig »

[quote="TIGER RIDER

MY BOYS MADE ME PROUD..
AND I LOVE TIMMO FOR HIS OLD SCHOOL BANTERING..TOOK ME BACK TO MY SCOOTER BOY DAYS!!!!

CALM DOWN!CALM DOWN![/quote]

Thats best said with a liverpool accent :wink:
SS Schar Hennig Der FG
SS-Feldgend Tr 1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
SECOND BATTLE GROUP
Phil

Post by Phil »

Schäfer wrote: The problem is, once the damage has been done then the world at large will always believe or recall what was on the original programme.
Apologies for grave digging this but I disagree. I'm a mere reenactor spotter verging on the activity, but I was infuriated at that program and have had many conversations about it especially with people who know I go to the Kent shows. Just about everyone I've talked to has been satisfied at my explanation about it being more about making sensationalist TV than a decent and honest documentary.

My point is how open and honest communication will always eventually defeat the closed and deceitful. Don't Panic! We're not all idiots feeding at that great glass teat in our living rooms. :wink:

cheers
TIGER RIDER
Administrator

Post by TIGER RIDER »

Phil wrote:
Schäfer wrote: The problem is, once the damage has been done then the world at large will always believe or recall what was on the original programme.
Apologies for grave digging this but I disagree. I'm a mere reenactor spotter verging on the activity, but I was infuriated at that program and have had many conversations about it especially with people who know I go to the Kent shows. Just about everyone I've talked to has been satisfied at my explanation about it being more about making sensationalist TV than a decent and honest documentary.

My point is how open and honest communication will always eventually defeat the closed and deceitful. Don't Panic! We're not all idiots feeding at that great glass teat in our living rooms. :wink:

cheers

well said and thankyou..
:wink:
MEMBER OF A.F.R.A.
102nd cavarly.(N44)
combat engineers.
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

Phil wrote:

cheers
Phil, I respect your point of view but you should have quoted my full text, not just that small part of it.

Cheers.
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

gebirgsjäger100

Post by gebirgsjäger100 »

I'm also a SBG member, but in Spain. We watched the program in Detling (all toghether) and they have shown it in the spanish TV also.
Absolutely everybody that I've spoken said the same: TV-crapp!
My best regards to all! See you in Beltring!
Albert "Schulz"
Hurra, die Gams!
3./GJR 100
Come and visit us at http://gjr100.blogspot.com/
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

All those who are active in the hobby, or on the fringes say exactly the same, and I personally agree. We know the truth of the matter and there is nothing to worry about.

However, a lot of mud was thrown and some organisations and shows won't allow Axis involvement now as a result. For instance, there was a 1940's weekend at Chatham during the Autumn last year. I asked if our group could attend but was informed that Axis groups weren't allowed to participate 'Because of that programme.'

Delving a bit more deeply I was told that some sponsors threatened to withdraw their funding from the event if German groups were involved, because of what was in the programme, hence the reason for the 'ban.'

Fortunately, that show was in the minority, we are still able to attend the majority of events.

Gren-Schell

Post by Gren-Schell »

Verdammit! I thought the dust had settled on this one... obviously not
:x
It's not real... it's called re-enacting!

Return to “Your Reenactment Group”