ss kampfgruppe knittel 1st panzer division lah

Any group news, info or publicity you'd like to share.
Shergar

ss kampfgruppe knittel 1st panzer division lah

Post by Shergar »

Hi i'm Shergar from SS Kampfgruppe Knittel , we portray the 1st Panzer Division of the LAH , in particular the soldiers that served under Gustav Knittel . we are a group that crosses all divides in Ireland , North / South , Catholic / Protestant . we are non political and non sectarian

We are a fast growing group and have a large membership , all are fully equipped with appropriate field equipment .

We are very careful in regards to who we admitt to the group and all applicants must show that they are honest , trust worthy and know the proper meaning of working within a group and the responsibilities that this involves .

We also insist that if you join the group that you without hestitation respect the laws of the country that you live in and also visit , no member is allowed to have illegal guns or gun parts nor purchase any ammunition blanks or otherwise without proper permits from the authorities , nor should members purchase identification discs robbed from dead soldiers .
We do not permit these activities and will expell immediately anyone that ;

1. denies the holocaust / comes out with anti semetic ideology or race hate statements of any kind
2. flaunts the laws of the land
3. purchases grave goods
4. steals on other members or traders
5. thinks he /she is really in the 1940s fighting the war
6. causes disharmony in the group
7. portrays death camp activities

We expect that existing members and new recruits are honest in their dealing with traders and other members from both within and outside the group , as their actions will if dishonest reflect upon everyone within the group .

The group recently has expanded to include an Allied section and a Russian section and the german unit comprises off LAH, HJ and JM sections .

We have attended shows in England , and on the continant recently and have a policy off only atending shows that are recognised for their quality .

This year members have attended events in france , Belgium , Russia , England , Republic of Ireland , Channel Islands and America as well as in the North of ireland and more events are scheduled at home in the coming weeks .

The group welcomes enquires from genuine persons that are interested in the german soldier in WW2 , however we are not interested in making up numbers as quality is more important than quantity . we want people that can work both as team members and as individuals that can bring their skills and attributes to the group and to work together with other group members in harmony .

I may be contacted via pm on this site

THANK YOU SHERGAR
Crazy Feldgendarme

Re: ss kampfgruppe knittel 1st panzer division lah

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Nice one Martin, i know your group to be great guys and i wish you all the best with the mainlang section.

Dave
:D
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Ruimteaapje

Post by Ruimteaapje »

Last edited by Ruimteaapje on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

i would like as much info about AA as i can get, in the sbg we have an AA

so anything you have i would be interested in

cheers
Ruimteaapje

Post by Ruimteaapje »

Hello "ssparatrooper",

Well, all I have means a 473 pages manuscript for an Abteilungsgeschichte (battalion history) in German plus an archive with thousands of xerox documents from archives and veterans, interviews with veterans on MP3 and in written transcript and dozens of letters from my correspondence with veterans, fellow historians and the Knittel family. If you need information you'd better be a bit more specific about what you need :wink:

Regards,
Ruimteaapje (Timo)
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

Gliederung and the personalitys from normandie would be nice, also do you have more details about the action john talks about in normandie with the marders? where he was sent back to make contact because they were running low on ammo he bumped into a british unit in a village then fired at the bloke who said "who goes there" ended up meeting with another wss unit (with marders)and bringing them back the way he came and fought through that same village?

do you know where that was? i would like to go there.
Ruimteaapje

Post by Ruimteaapje »

Last edited by Ruimteaapje on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

Thanks very much!

i will talk to john when i see him about those names!
Ruimteaapje

Post by Ruimteaapje »

Hello "ssparatrooper",

Thanks, I'm looking forward to it! It would be great if detailed information could trigger more memories with John.

Regards,
Ruimteaapje (Timo)
Ruimteaapje

Post by Ruimteaapje »

Last edited by Ruimteaapje on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruimteaapje

Post by Ruimteaapje »

Last edited by Ruimteaapje on Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

This is fantastic!

are you going to put this in a book?

John told me the same story about his training, and how he was a good shot in the underground range and won some books, he also told me about the flare pistol incident with the rottenfuehrer when he first got to the front, he also told me about the "mongols" attacking when they just done a human wave attack with large knives, overran the position and run into the village to get warm! John and his comerades run with them got on their krads and got out.

madness!
Ruimteaapje

Post by Ruimteaapje »

My pleasure, no it's not for a book. More a hobby that got out of hand. I've only shared it with veterans, some fellow historians and posted very small parts of the main text in some forums.

It is exactly those stories that I'm after. As you can see prefer to quote veterans, to use their own words in my chapters. For this they wrote to me but most of all I talk to them on the phone and (with their permission) record these conversations on MP3 after which I write down a transcript. I John is positive about sharing his memories I would be very pleased to call him on the phone.

Regards,
Timo
Ruimteaapje

Post by Ruimteaapje »

Hello "ssparatrooper", hello "shergar",

Sorry for the edited postes, since I noticed that I've upset some of the SS groupies in this forum (not you obviously), I've decided to leave the forum.

Regards,
Timo
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

Please reconsider Timo, I found your contributions very interesting and well balanced actually (and I'm a W-SS re-enactor). Don't let one or two critical posts put you off, there's a lot of us reading and digesting your researches...
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG

Return to “Your Reenactment Group”