Totenkopf 2012

Any group news, info or publicity you'd like to share.
RudyWerner

Totenkopf 2012

Post by RudyWerner »

All, after a very quiet year due to various other commitments, the time has come to reinvigorate Totenkopf for 2012. So if you fancy a new impression for 2012, or are looking for a new group to work with, please get in touch via www.totenkopf.co.uk

Thanks.
Zoepf

Re: Totenkopf 2012

Post by Zoepf »

Viel Gluck, kamerad!

One of these years, the US TK will have to traverse the pond for an event or two! Have all the totenkopfsoldaten together!
RudyWerner

Post by RudyWerner »

Zoepf wrote:Viel Gluck, kamerad!

One of these years, the US TK will have to traverse the pond for an event or two! Have all the totenkopfsoldaten together!
I look forward to it!
RudyWerner

Post by RudyWerner »

Dear all,

It seems that Totenkopf will not be happning in the UK for 2012, or at any time afterwards. Life seems to have gotten in the way for too many and so the group is not sustainable.

My thanks go out to all those who have worked with us and supported us, but the time has come for me personally to concentrate on other things. Some no doubt will be glad to see me go, but I couldn't care less about that, and it says more about them than me. I will be taking some great memories with me.

Kit will be up for sale shortly, if anyone is interested in the meantime please PM me.
A.Weiss

Post by A.Weiss »

Sad news unfortunately, :cry: but you contributed greatly to the history of Division TK. Dan Good luck in your new journey.

A.Weiß
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

RudyWerner wrote:Dear all,

It seems that Totenkopf will not be happning in the UK for 2012, or at any time afterwards. Life seems to have gotten in the way for too many and so the group is not sustainable.

My thanks go out to all those who have worked with us and supported us, but the time has come for me personally to concentrate on other things. Some no doubt will be glad to see me go, but I couldn't care less about that, and it says more about them than me. I will be taking some great memories with me.

Kit will be up for sale shortly, if anyone is interested in the meantime please PM me.

Good luck with your new ventures Werner, as for me im still going to be around in this hobby for many years yet,
much to the annoyance of certain others lol :D

Regards for the future, Peiper
Max

Post by Max »

Those are sad news Dan :( , I wish you all the best for the future.
1./SS-"Deutschland"
1./SS-Ers.Btl. "Deutschland"
A proud member of the Second Battle Group.
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

Hi Werner,
sad news indeed. In these tough economic times real life is intruding more and more into all of our hobbies.... I really thought you did an excellent job in your portrayal of the Totenkopf, despite it being a difficult and controversial unit to re-enact.

BTW - Your website was superb - will you be maintaining it or can we it expect it to expire at some point?

Best regards, Paul
RudyWerner

Post by RudyWerner »

PaulW wrote:Hi Werner,
sad news indeed. In these tough economic times real life is intruding more and more into all of our hobbies.... I really thought you did an excellent job in your portrayal of the Totenkopf, despite it being a difficult and controversial unit to re-enact.

BTW - Your website was superb - will you be maintaining it or can we it expect it to expire at some point?

Best regards, Paul
Thankyou all for your comments.

I never saw it as any more difficult than any other unit (maybe I was wrong???) but as with any unit the members need to commit to it...when that can't/doesn't happen, no amount of effort can bring success.

The website will most likely be taken down, seems a bit silly keeping it up when nothing is happening.

All of this of course does not preclude some kind of return in the future should anyone genuinly wish to participate.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

RudyWerner wrote:
I never saw it as any more difficult than any other unit (maybe I was wrong???) but as with any unit the members need to commit to it...when that can't/doesn't happen, no amount of effort can bring success.
Sad but true :(
Unfortunately thats why i left after being with your group a short time as nobody turned up for events or was left on my
own and was wasting my time and expense getting to events !!

Still, water under the bridge now, anyway i wish you every success with your new ventures :)

Regards Peiper.
Zoepf

Post by Zoepf »

Rudy,

That is sad news. The members of 2. Kp, 3.SS here in the states sends our regrets to your outfits disbanding. I know it can be very frustrating when members do not participate, but I really hope you will decide to stay in the hobby.

As others have said, you put up an excellent website that no doubt educated many people, you can be proud of that, especially with all the bs all over the Internet about 3.SS.

Good luck in life Rudy, i hope all goes well.

Bis spater, kamerad.

Zach
Max Woltmann

Post by Max Woltmann »

Dan,
sorry to hear the news, if you or any of the former members are still interested in continuing the hobby then feel free to contact the 'Der Fuhrer' rgt. Dan just to give you a heads up we met last year for that filming for the history channel, that was very historically inaccurate!!!!!!
Regards,

Max
"Keep low and move fast!"
SS - Der Fuhrer Regiment
www.derfuhrer.co.uk
RudyWerner

Post by RudyWerner »

Max Woltmann wrote:Dan,
sorry to hear the news, if you or any of the former members are still interested in continuing the hobby then feel free to contact the 'Der Fuhrer' rgt. Dan just to give you a heads up we met last year for that filming for the history channel, that was very historically inaccurate!!!!!!
Regards,

Max
Ha ha yes that was, erm, fun. ;) We did get some great photos though. I expect that if opportunity arises I will be seen about at some point. :)

Return to “Your Reenactment Group”