KGK Ireland

Any group news, info or publicity you'd like to share.
berlin1945

KGK Ireland

Post by berlin1945 »

Kgk Ireland reforming, pleased to announce that I have decided to relaunch the group as on attending a few events this year and also people persuading me to tread the boards again, and the positive public response I now see no reason why not to just enjoy the hobby again, as feel I have got my mojo again lol. Beir bua :wink:

Regards to all Máirtín
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
crossofiron

Re: KGK Ireland

Post by crossofiron »

Good for you mairtin!

glad to hear the KGK will be back and i wish you every success with it!

let me know when your site is up and running and i'll pop along.

max
Sturmschar

Post by Sturmschar »

:lol: trollop :lol:
Always keep the boot of destiny aimed at the arse of anticipation!
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

Thanks Andy and Max, I had just taken a back seat but constantly get asked to tread the the boards again and recently did the Salute show which had me inundated with members of the public asking about the hobby and intrigued how grown men can be dressed as Germans and Irish Volunteers circa 1916. Now I have been deludged with a variety of invitations to go to this and that. such as shows, demonastrations and chats at schools for their interactive learning and teaching of modern history through visual means, ie letting students see the uniforms and field gear on a one to one basis, it's enjoyable and very rewarding thing to do.

I did enjoy the battles in England and would not rule this out sometime in the future again, but the draw of shooting a weapon is by far surpassed by the smile on peoples faces as you take an interest in their probing questions and answer them showing a genuine interest. A few of us doing this type of interactive interpretation would add to any event or show.
A website i've already designed and may just one day get around to launching it but for now its not a priority.

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
crossofiron

Post by crossofiron »

thanks andy?????

any way nice to see the mairtin show back on the road, i think/hope :D
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

sturmchar = andy

crossofiron

Post by crossofiron »

yes i was enquiring exactly what you were thanking him for?? :/
Sturmschar

Post by Sturmschar »

:lol: for calling him a Trollop :lol:
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

a recent event the three of us went to and did a display and interacted with public , one of guys prefer not to get their photos taken, a great show about 3 to 4 thousand people attended this event, we were given free food and soft drinks and well looked after by the organisers, they even donated the fence posts and the rope that boundaried our display to the group and we got another two invites for shows later this month and early next month.

berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

some more photos from event

Sturmschar

Post by Sturmschar »

Where was it Mairtin?
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

A village event in county Louth near to the border , we were invited some months ago by the organisers who tend to run these events,and to their whole callender of events but unfortunately work at moment didnt permitt me to attend the first three, but still have the option to attend three more shows with the new reformed Kgk Ireland group which thankfully has a few core members at its heart , we have accepted invitations to next years events and have a static display formulated with space etc set out, the organiser of the last event even had the decency to give me the posts and the cordoning off rope for the posts as a gratutity gift which was very decent of them.
There was a very healthy interest in people wishing to join the group and also in wanting to learn more which is good, also met one what could be termed as a big time collector who invitede me to view his private collection of german ww1 and ww2 uniforms and weapons and was amazed that even at these events you can come across avid collectors that remain in the back ground but have vast quality collections of this equipment.

Return to “Your Reenactment Group”