Frontschwein / Regiment409

Any group news, info or publicity you'd like to share.
wolfsangel

Frontschwein / Regiment409

Post by wolfsangel »

As you may or may not have noticed at beltring this year the guys that were formerly FJR3 attended as heer bicycle mounted infantry.

We are starting out as a new venture based on regiment409 which fought on teh eastern front eventually falling back to the Kurland pocket (not a pocket officially as this implied being left behind/Stalingrad etc.

We all decided to try and portray something more in keeping with our increasing years and waist lines as well as something new so we are looking to protray a second/rear line position. Nothing elite about us, just old (or young) duffers given a pushbike and a rifle to defend the reich. The main reasons for picking regiment 409 is that they were a specific pushbike regiment as were 410 and 411, we had thought about a unit from the 21st Panxer div. but someone already does that in some capacity or other.

We do not currently have a website as I am particularly rubbish at interweb stuff and computers in general, however we are hoping to have one up soon. We are also hoping to hae a slightly more impressive display than we mustered for Beltring, however it won't include miles of trenches and MGs, just guys doing the personal admin stuff and preparation you would expect in a rear area.
The group name eventually decided on last year was frontschwein, although at beltring you may have also heard us referred to as 'The Sons of Apathy'. We haven't booked into Detling so with their love the germans attitude I doubt we will be there, however we are planning a few more events for the tail end of this year including providing behind the lines support and field kitchen at private battles.

See you all soon

Matt S
Frontschweine, Regiment 409
Hoffman Grink

Re: Frontschwein / Regiment409

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Matty - I love the "Sons of Apathy" - Keep it please - We might even join ya!

There was a brief attempt at this a couple of years ago and there is a need for it. Generic, downtrodden line infantry. Keep your structure loose and your doors open and welcoming - People will I have no doubt, tow the line and come in as shabby, tired souls and it will work.

May I give you a shout for events if the feldkuche is needed?
wolfsangel

Post by wolfsangel »

Paul,

the sons of apathy may be getting a back patch made! All are welcome mate, we have several spare push bikes for guests or newbies.

When the website is up and running there should be the unfirom regs and aim of the group, so don't hold your breathe on either of those, you know the speed I work at!

As for the field kitchen, mroe than welcome to lend assitance to any event that I can get it to, that goes for all groups and all events

Matt
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

You have our support Matty, and can field another 15 shabby types for the odd show.
Thought you all looked bang on at Belters :wink:

Dont know about "sons of apathy". Prefered the name "Suzies spangly banjo" myself!
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
wolfsangel

Post by wolfsangel »

Thanks Neil,

we do try to look the part even if we fart about a bit on occassion. We were going to get a banner made up with the group name on it but thought it would be a bit long trying to fit

"frontschwein, suzy and the spangly banjo, sons of apathy, group formerly known as FJR3 regiment409"

might be a bit of a mouthful and cost about 4k to have made so we are sticking with what ever people want to call us or know us as xxx
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Matty's Marauders

Return to “Your Reenactment Group”