flame throwers

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

berlin1945

flame throwers

Post by berlin1945 »

just been given the most amazing original film of the fj in greece, crete, africa , russia etc but in a few clips there are fj's using flame throwers and in one clip there is an fj landing with an mg 34 in one of his hands hand via strap , how dangerous is that and is it practical just thinkig out loud and asking would landing like that be practical and espoused
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
Jaws

Re: flame throwers

Post by Jaws »

Flamethrowers were used at eben emael (according to the books i've got) to silence the belgian defences, i've seen pics of use of flamethrowers in russia and france as well.

Brave man to land with a MG34! Possibly a propaganda film? Is it possible to see what parachute and harness he is using? Seeing that fallschirm were trained to land and roll forwards due to the design of the parachute, carrying any weapons apart from a pistol will make leaving the plane & landing dangerous! But, it was war, maybe if ordered to jump with a MG34 he had to obey... I wonder who landed with the ammo!

There are pictures of fallschirm jumping with weapons (MP40) tucked into their harness and magazines strapped to their lower legs.

Regards,

Gary.
S.A.S.A.B.
Society Against Splinter A Bandoliers

Find The Frontline Association on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheFrontlineAssociation
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

yes i will ask peter to copy this for me and if he does i will make a copy and give to you , these all looked like actual battle footage , i purchased some dvds today the dvd he had comprised of lots of hilter youth origional footage and fjr taken by soldiers personal cameras there were footage of heer soldiers bunny hopping and striking their heads to the left and marching and footage of operation barbarossa in the early hours with lots of armour russian lying destroyed , i gave the dvds back as only the fj interersted me but its not a big deal to ask him if he would make me a copy with the fj in it hopefilly he will be decent and do so

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
Jaws

Post by Jaws »

If the footage is combat drops, that would be an eye opener! Leros maybe? I will assume as the war progressed, more necessity of keeping weapons in the hand instead of looking for and dying trying to retrieve from a drop cannister. Kreta prooved that.

I look forward to seeing the clip!

Regards,

Gary.
S.A.S.A.B.
Society Against Splinter A Bandoliers

Find The Frontline Association on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheFrontlineAssociation
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

thats okay gary ill ask peter to make a few copies and give him the blank dvds on monday cant see any reason why he wouldnt or couldnt do a few for me

johankreig

Post by johankreig »

I have seen pics and read accounts of men jumping into battle carying guns, the trick so i hear and read was to drop it just before you land and pick it up after, it was risky as the weapon could get damaged but it gave them more chance against an enemy than a pistol.
Name: Jonathan
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten

Return to “Fallschirmjaeger”