The reason for the anti-Waffen-SS disclaimer

Moderator: johankreig

Stigroadie

Re: The reason for the anti-Waffen-SS disclaimer

Post by Stigroadie »

I honestly think that 'where one goes all goes ' is what BRO is meaning.
To challenge the rules in countries where SS re-enactment is not possible, those who challenge it endanger re-enacting for all parties. You know how people like to tar all with one brush. A re-enactor is a re-enactor. We like to sub divide and build little pidgeon holes, the law usually sees us as the same.
The disclaimer has no purpose in this country, I would say that to sign it if you live here it's devisive but in certain parts of the world it might be a savior for the hobby.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

As the cold light of day breaks through a chink in the clouds...... Some of us may have to re-examine the motives of certain Europeans.

I still have grave reservations about this disclaimer and its origins. I guess I always will have.

But some of the protagonists are beginning to show signs of wear on their paintwork..... And other colours are showing through beneath.......

We might have adopted Pastor Niemöller's stance in the past....... but when you turn round and find those you were standing in front of gone......... it makes you think....... :roll:
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

Well Primarily I was trying to show solidarity - US reenactor %100 behind "ALL" German reenctors.

But Yes - they - the Piss head public - may well see us as all the same - but then we are all the same.

If they stop one thing its only a matter of time before they move on to the next - we have to stand together.

We'll all be walking everywhere, wearing grass skirts eating stuff that fell from trees and smoking dope.
Last edited by Gliderinf on Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gliderinf / Luftlande
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

I think we are on the same side here Gl'inf, just slightly at odds on detail. I would never support an attack on our freedoms to re-enact what we chose in this country but in europe there are obvious concerns and some legal restrictions. I also have concerns about the disclaimer but lets not throw the baby out with the bath water.
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

Know what your saying mate :wink:

Just having been srewed over before - My Dad being a shooter for 40 years - before they shafted us - I Kinda feel like we've already given ground - And enough is enough.

(Edit - thats sounded like the wrong subject - but you know what I mean )
Gliderinf / Luftlande
dink

Post by dink »

I think Missyd's point has been slightly lost, she was merely stating the double standards, that those that profess to use the disclaimer in mainland Europe (obviously not the UK) and see fit to use it as it suits them. A double standard so to speak, no we do not want SS reenactors .... 'unless its us (being those in the picture) and noone realises its' mentality.

The whys and wherefores about the disclaimer and whether its effective or not are on her point irrelevant as she was just say how hypocritical some people are over it all ;) . Surely those declaring their support for the disclaimer but twisting it as they see fit, do far more damage than someone who decides to do SS but choses not to because of those very people with the 'do as I say not as I do' mentality and the grief they would get. So they don't and those who dictate to everyone else (using the disclaimer) get free choice on what and when they do and everyone else is oppressed into toe-ing the reenactor line as stated by the disclaimer.

Again that group (dunno who they are) but they ain't by any stretch of the imagination the only ones on ML Europe who sing a different tune, allegdely from the same song sheet as and when the mood takes them :roll: and some don't even realise how ludicrous their hypocrasy is :lol: .
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

That was convoluted Di but I think I managed to stay with you.

yes! :shock:
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

Something witty :wink:
Last edited by Gliderinf on Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gliderinf / Luftlande
missyd

Post by missyd »

Is there a chance to know what BRO wrote before the post was deleted ..... ? :roll:

BRO is the president of Big Red One in Switzerland.
Ci vediamo
Daniela

Dove c'e' da Rievocare noi Rievochiamo - Dove c'e' da Ricostruire noi Ricostruiamo
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Daniella
I deleted one line which was deemed uneccessary and of a personal nature towards a forum member. It would seem that the President of BRO has deleted everything subsequently and left my courtesy line there. Not a very gentlemanly thing to do in my opinion.

I am sorry i can not help with what he said.

How strange he deleted it especially as he was not met with the fanatical resistance as in the past. I wonder what changed. Maybe the scales are lifted from our eyes on certain matters.
missyd

Post by missyd »

Hoffman Grink wrote:Daniella
I deleted one line which was deemed uneccessary and of a personal nature towards a forum member. It would seem that the President of BRO has deleted everything subsequently and left my courtesy line there. Not a very gentlemanly thing to do in my opinion.

I am sorry i can not help with what he said.

How strange he deleted it especially as he was not met with the fanatical resistance as in the past. I wonder what changed. Maybe the scales are lifted from our eyes on certain matters.
Never mind! Thanks a lot for your help. He wrote about it in the swiss forum ... but I can imagine what he wrote .... we'll see what we can do against this stupid individual in the future.

He has a distorted vision and should be ignored by all .... :wink:
Ci vediamo
Daniela

Dove c'e' da Rievocare noi Rievochiamo - Dove c'e' da Ricostruire noi Ricostruiamo
wdrob

Post by wdrob »

Hi,

On the Swiss reenaktor parlaris forum I asked him on what he deleted, but one way or another he did not understand my question. Now that topic has turned sour and they are having a go at Frank Hoover again. Nothing new there.
And repeated again on that forum in regards to their disclaimer: ALL QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED, but I am still waiting for my answers. Maybe I should put it forward again? But do we really neede all the agro?

Rob
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

More like could Poor Mr Hoover do with all the agro
ImageImageImageImageImage
flakbtg500

Post by flakbtg500 »

missyd wrote:I write this for a friend who can't write well in english and wishes to make the following announcement.

"Disclaimer Gruppen BRO Switzerland und andere nehmen es mit die Regel nicht so genau.
Und verwenden sie nach lust und laune."

The BRO reenacting group and other groups do not take the disclaimer seriously they have accepted as standard. They twist and turn the disclaimer so their mebers can reenact SS as well.

Some pictures as proof.

"photos deleted"

I do not want to start another useless discussion but as we have been attacked again by the president of BRO switzerland my friend wishes to make this pictures public.

Over and Out! :wink:

Hello Daniela,
I am glad to meet you on this forum.
I think that you &/or your friend (as you say which does not know the english language) are my fans, because you continue to put my photos on various forums (i'm a guy with glasses). :lol:
Tell your friend that if he want an autograph...No problem :lol:
I am sorry to tell you that the photos that you have put nothing matter with the "Swiss or German Disclamer".
Because i'm not Swiss or German, i'm italian and in Italy like in UK is not outlaw reenact WSS.
You posted my photos in WSS uniform but these are very old, you have taken these from website of an italian group called Normandie44 in 2005 photogallery, http://www.normandie44.eu/imola.php
I was in this group till december of 2006.
From jannuary 2007 i have collaborate to make a new reenactment group in Italy, http://www.windhund.it
It is as association only for HEER (wehrmacht) reenactors, we have chosen to not reenact WSS but only Heer (personal and associations choice) during historical events. We have also a OUR disclamer "We are not affiliated with/or subscrive any radical, political, or racist organizations.We seek recreation via the fast paced hobby of WWII reenacting only.Any German WW II national emblem, and other potentially offensive insignia are used strictly for historical purposes only" and all our members are in agreement about it.
Since mid-2007 until now we working with some Swiss and German reenactors groups, they join in the disclaimer that you speak, they know that I and other persons of my new group (http://www.windund.it)in the past have reenacted WSS, it is not a secret! but now we reenact ONLY Heer.
I have a question for you:
Why do you have not put the date of event when have you put photos, there is a date of event in the photogallery page!
see also these links for have a date of events (in order to accuse other guy)
http://www.feldgrau.eu/images/zoom/isol ... ize/66.jpg
http://www.feldgrau.eu/index.php?option ... y=36&hit=1
photos are from web site of Feldgrau italian group....Your Friends... is not it?
Last photo of accused guy is of may 2007 event (together your italian friends)....not from yeasterday :lol:
I think it is not good to put old photos & wrongly accusing people of doing WSS yet....I can do this, also I have old pictures of your friend-Swiss reenactor in WSS uniform(feldgrau.ch and reenactors.ch member? :oops: ). But now I am not interesting put it.
I know that he stopped to reenact WSS but make only Gebirgsjaeger and LW, although collaborates with italian groups that reenact WSS now today. (note:my group not work together this italian groups).
I see that you have put bad or not complete photos, i have original...do you like these?
If you are still intersted to be my fans i attach my old photos when i reenact American GI in 2004, Fallschirmjaeger, Kriegsmarine in 2005.
I believe to be a fairly complete… reenactor. :D
Now you understand why so many Fans? :mrgreen:
Please do not dream me much this night.... :wink:
Best Regards
flakbtg500

"photos deleted"
Last edited by flakbtg500 on Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schnell wie ein Windhund,
Zäh wie Leder,
Hart wie Kruppestahl,
Windhund Vor!

http://www.windhund.it/
flakbtg500

Post by flakbtg500 »

Hello Daniela,
and others my fans attach my old reenactment photos... :lol:

Best Regards
flakbtg500

"photos deleted"
Last edited by flakbtg500 on Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schnell wie ein Windhund,
Zäh wie Leder,
Hart wie Kruppestahl,
Windhund Vor!

http://www.windhund.it/

Return to “Announcements”