IMPORTANT TV PROGRAMME

Moderator: johankreig

Jungmann

Post by Jungmann »

After watching the program this morning and reading the posts on here. I though I'd have a look on the web TV forums for comments on what people though of the program. What I saw was interesting.

Alot of posts from non re-enactor commenting on how it appeared bias, yet WW2 re-enactors are a bit eccentric! Theres a few criticisms about SS re-enactment, yet alot more about Sweeney poor journalism.

So in a strange way this program may have harmed Sweeney (already damaged career after his Scientology report) more than WW2 re-enactment.
Paul Jungmann
Oberleutnant
2Kp Pzr Gren Rgt Groβdeutschland
http://www.panzergd.co.uk
FMROMMEL

Post by FMROMMEL »

I DARE HIM TO TALK TO THIS CHAP THE WAY HE TALKED TO THE REENACTORS ON FILM

YOU ONLY HAVE TO READ THE COMMENTS ABOUT THE PROGRAMME ON A TV FORUM HERE. http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/show ... p?t=652856
Last edited by FMROMMEL on Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.forceschildrenstrust.org
The Forces Children’s Trust is helping dependent children that have lost a parent whilst serving with UK Armed Forces.
TIGER RIDER
Administrator

Post by TIGER RIDER »

...............TWADDLE.................

THATS THE ONLY WORD I FEEL I CAN USE......
wir sind an besten,weil wir das furchtlose sind...........member of S.B.G.
sharff.(cant spell it)roffman
MEMBER OF A.F.R.A.
102nd cavarly.(N44)
combat engineers.
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

FMROMMEL wrote:Image

I DARE HIM TO TALK TO THIS CHAP THE WAY HE TALKED TO THE REENACTORS ON FILM
Did anyone ask this gentleman if he cared more about Naziism or re-enactment?, was he at Beltring?
94-87 Ich bedauere nichts
57-93 Either put me in jail or kill me
DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

dink wrote:I need to write in and complain I don't think I can watch anymore for repulsion at Mr Sweeneys feet, am sorry its just no good I have severe non footfetishism and have been violently ill :oops: add to that he was in his boxers :shock: MEDIC
medic ...medic, ha!
thats one person you should never pi** off cos you never know when you'll really need one
dink

Post by dink »

DAS MEDIC wrote:medic ...medic, ha!
thats one person you should never pi** off cos you never know when you'll really need one
I haven't and I do need one, gawd I forgot I posted that :lol: now you've made me relive the horrors of those appendages again :oops: :lol:
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

Apparently we are all latently homosexual according to one writer on that forum... :shock: :shock:
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
steve kellher

Post by steve kellher »

well i better get my head looked at as im bumming myself
Jack

Post by Jack »

steve kellher wrote:well i better get my head looked at as im bumming myself
:lol: :lol:
Baumer12

Post by Baumer12 »

That fellow at the start was a handsome devil :wink: enough to make anyone join up if a uniform makes you look that good. :D

As for the rest of it Mr. Sweeney did what his sort always do, go for the easy option. If he had the guts he would go looking for nazis in extreme right wing organisations not at a re-enactment show. Those two blokes on a motorbike chasing down hooky plumbers etc. do better investigative journalism that this non starter.

Paul Coomber
SS Reenactor but in this case clothes don't maketh the man.
The Teutonic reputation for brutality is well founded. There operas last for three or four days and they have no word for fluffy.

http://www.stahlkrieger.co.uk
Alex
Herr Wissenschaftler

Post by Alex »

Maus Commander

Post by Maus Commander »

Baumer12 wrote:That fellow at the start was a handsome devil :wink: enough to make anyone join up if a uniform makes you look that good. :D
You looked simply spiffying darling. Simply spiffying! :D

Mind, those folks on that tv forum worry me a little "Latent homosexuality"?

Sod you mate. I don't hide what I do in the bedroom if somebody asks.

Still, this same fellow rumbles on about the SS must have right wing views... because they wear the uniformz! Not that the whole documentary was biased in any way, oh no.

I also find it annoying that they keep going on about an "SS themed wedding" when it wasn't. I do not recall hearing the Nuremberg laws being quoted but the good old fashioned marriage vows. That and the groom wasn't wearing a sodding SS uniform!
Pirkka

Post by Pirkka »

Thank god we didn't get the guy who wrote that instead of Sweeney! He REALLY doesn't get reenacters.

A trawl of TV review pages in the dailys on Tuesday showed two things:
1 - This programme was ignored
2 - If someone did notice it, the attention was negative (looking for an enemy that wasn't there in the first place).
A lot ask if this is the depths that Sweeney's career has sunk to after the Scientology fiasco.
This documentary hasn't damaged us in any significant way. I don't think the same can be said for John Sweeney.
Der Spiess
Location: Don't know but that blokes got a balaclava and an AK47!

Post by Der Spiess »

Didn't I say "theres no such thing as bad publicity!" Three cheers for John Sweeney, Hip hip etc etc :twisted:

And as for the Coombster's clothes maketh the man, in that case, you sir should be wearing a "Turd" shirt arf arf
Toodle pip
Der Spiess
Belfast or Bust
Shergar

mr coomber

Post by Shergar »

dear mr coomber

i think you spoke very well and intelligently to an ars* , you did us all proud also as fort he sbg guys , glenn swallow was victimised his words were cut and pasted on the cutting room floor and mr sweeney distorted what was said , sbg are a good group , creditable , decent people ,

and as regards racist remarks made in the beer tent area , mr sweeney obviously does not go to many pubs the length and breath of the uk , as if he did he would here a hell of a lot more conversations worse than that .

glenn swallow i would just like to say we in kgk support you 100% , you know your stuff , you are a decent bloke and you do not deserve to be portrayed negatively by a has been journalist .

Return to “Announcements”