Moderator: johankreig

Jock

Post by Jock »

Is Shergar a Zombie????. Well, never knew that. :shock:
I/II-AA Das Reich

ML.... I'll give it a try.
von bock

Post by von bock »

i think you guys can hold your heads up high :!: , if Mr Sweeney was looking for nazis he should gone looking for c18 and co :idea: :!: :!: not reenactors :roll: typical reporter :roll:

p.s looked like a fantastic show :D
SS KAMPFGRUPPE KNITTEL gustav.knittel@btinternet.com
"never argue with an idiot !!they just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
http://ww2reenactingireland.co.uk/
Martin Webster

Post by Martin Webster »

Im amazed i got on it :lol: , i was standing behind Nick and Miki at the wedding in me Panzer blacks :lol: .

Gotta say the guy just was not getting it, the reason why we dont do the political side is that we are just trying to portray combat troops, and as for the others well the traders have nothing to do with us.

Martin
Martin Ernst

Kp.2-PzGren.Rgt.60-116.Pz.Div "Der Windhund"
http://www.windhund.org.uk
The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.
(Murphy's Law)
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Combat 16 never really existed - It was a collection of skins based around Huddersfield in the 1980's that achieved a reputation far bigger than they ever were in real life (a bit like Shergar!!!!!)

Anyone who quote's C18 or claims membership is actually a dweeb nonce who isn't connected anywhere - trust me on this.....

Blut und Ehre would not boast...... again trust me....

beer tent bravado is all it was.
von bock

Post by von bock »

still i think you guys did yourselves proud , he was very sly with the hidden cameras
SS KAMPFGRUPPE KNITTEL gustav.knittel@btinternet.com
"never argue with an idiot !!they just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
http://ww2reenactingireland.co.uk/
dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

Just watched it and was exactly what I expected it to be. The crew already had thier minds made up on what re-enactmenr was all about and they were simply going to ask enough people until they got enough air time to validate the point of view they were putting across. If the same camera crew went down any town centre on a busy Saturday night and asked enough people the same questions they'd get exactly the same as what they got from Beltring.
It just makes you wounder about all the other so called documentories you've seen over the years. The ones where the next day youd be saying to your friends "My God did you see that programme on the telly last night, weren't they all shocking" Now it just makes me think are they reporting the facts or the facts they want to report to us.
I lost faith in the news and news papers a long time ago. Now it seems to be about making up the news, instead of telling us all the actual news. The only thing worth listening to now is the radio where at least it's live and the editors and directors haven't been able to work thier magic.
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

Cruiser

Post by Cruiser »

Hey Martin,

I saw you....................you're famous now, can I be the one who vends your signed photo's at Victory? :lol:
dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

Saw quite a few of our guys on more than one occasion. Martin I think I saw you going off to battle.Can't be ceratin as it was from the back which some may say is your best angle :D No doubt marching off in search off that ellusive Iron Cross :D
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

Fwbl Dollman wrote:Combat 16 never really existed - It was a collection of skins based around Huddersfield in the 1980's that achieved a reputation far bigger than they ever were in real life (a bit like Shergar!!!!!)

Anyone who quote's C18 or claims membership is actually a dweeb nonce who isn't connected anywhere - trust me on this.....

Blut und Ehre would not boast...... again trust me....

beer tent bravado is all it was.
Weird ass bravado Paul. :?

The mud wrestling between Falschies: beer tent/soldierly bravado......claiming to be C18: fecking weird.
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
crossofiron

Post by crossofiron »

dog green 1 wrote:Saw quite a few of our guys on more than one occasion. Martin I think I saw you going off to battle.Can't be ceratin as it was from the back which some may say is your best angle :D No doubt marching off in search off that ellusive Iron Cross :D
yes it was. yes it was. yes he was :lol:
MADMANN

Post by MADMANN »

:shock: Martain was marching :shock: he went to war can be him now he's going to the bbc for more airtime of himself nexe time :oops:
Kononov1941

Post by Kononov1941 »

dog green 1 wrote:The crew already had thier minds made up on what re-enactmenr was all about and they were simply going to ask enough people until they got enough air time to validate the point of view they were putting across. If the same camera crew went down any town centre on a busy Saturday night and asked enough people the same questions they'd get exactly the same as what they got from Beltring.
It just makes you wounder about all the other so called documentories you've seen over the years. The ones where the next day youd be saying to your friends "My God did you see that programme on the telly last night, weren't they all shocking" Now it just makes me think are they reporting the facts or the facts they want to report to us.
I lost faith in the news and news papers a long time ago. Now it seems to be about making up the news, instead of telling us all the actual news.
Hmm, yeah. The *ahem* "news" media over here are quite professional at creating a story. You only have to watch it when it's a "slow news day"
to see the raw banality of their work. Hope you all over there weather any
hit-pieces they do on you all. I just read the thread about the newspaper jerk, and his equally bastardly editor.
The "news" media over here hasn't so much targeted WW2 reenactors
(Axis or otherwise)....yet. They save their bile for ALL firearms enthusiasts, whether the individual is a reenactor, collector, hunter, or interested in home defense.
Nik
Deterrence is the art of producing in the mind of the enemy the fear of retaliation.
Scott
Location: lydd on sea and swanscombe kent first place in uk to have v1 strike 13/06/44

Post by Scott »

a lot of our group members were shown in a battle along side the stug and they kept showing our battle flag as well as me introducing myself and at the wedding.
the whole thing was not as bad as i thought it was going to be it could have been as whole lot worse for a lot of us
he never got the answers he was looking for so i think personnely we have all come out of it very well 8)
scott
Generalfeldmarschall Erich von Manstein

ex RAF Police Wg Cmdr
member of fg39-45 feldgendarmerie
http://www.feldgendarmerie3945.freeforums.org
http://www.feldgendarmerie3945.webs.com
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

Panorama can only aspire to lick dogs cocks! Arena and Nationwide were good, watchable and informative. How funny was that channel 4 thing called reportage?
94-87 Ich bedauere nichts
57-93 Either put me in jail or kill me
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

only just got a chance to watch it as i've been trying to get my hand sorted out at the hospital after the weekend and all i can say is i don't know what all the fuss was about. i think this can be forgotten very quickly because it was pants, it failed to achieve what they wanted on all levels. forget about it and move on i say
JRA site http://www.japanesereenacting.co.uk/

New Japanese reenactors forum

http://s13.invisionfree.com/IJA_Reenacting/

''i think the phrase ryhmes with clucking bell''

Return to “Announcements”