the "observers "response to nazi

Moderator: johankreig

Jack

Post by Jack »

wolfsangel wrote:not a very objective reply from the newspapers 'ombudsman' was it!!
You can say that again Matty!

*You dont have to though mate :roll: :lol: :lol: *
"My wife had a go at me last night. She said 'You'll drive me to my grave'.
I had the car out in thirty seconds. "
Heinz

Post by Heinz »

PCC is the way to go. It does work.

Funnily enough, I had a letter published in the Independent 4 years ago, after I wrote in about a defamatory article. The Editor couldn't have been more helpful.

The response from the Editor in this case is a microcosm of the whole Guardian/Observer mentality.

In short, the guy is a cock.
Major Richard Heidrich: "Why do you want to jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane?"

Willi Schmidt: "When the Luftwaffe builds a perfectly good aeroplane, Sir, I shan't need to"
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Pirkka wrote:
Fwbl Dollman wrote:Read the thread on wwiireenacting.......
A quick precis for those that can't be arsed with Pozzi's forum, Paul?
Copied from wwiiR....
Anyone fgeeling strongly enough about the Observer Article (A different issue to the forthcoming TV "documentary") is advised to visit this website and read carefully the information contained within
http://www.pcc.org.uk/index2.html
Should they then feel they have good cause - they should follow the very clear instructions given.
After airing, should anyone feel strongly enough to take action I advocate this website
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/

And repeat the process - read as much as you can - carefully. Make sure you understand it and where your complaint is founded..... and possibly go along this avenue.
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/progs/specific/

Hope this is a constructive contribution. I wasn't there - But I spoke with John Sweeney by phone - After Beltring - He taped our call - I declined an interview. He was keen to come to my house to film me..... and get my views..... Probably thought he'd be visiting NSDAPUK central not a nice semi with flowers in the fireplace. Would have been nice to disappoint him wouldn't it?
Saddened to hear people in drink may have let us down...... They usually do. I know...... it will probably blow over..... it usually does...... knife crime is becoming a hot topic.....
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Heinz wrote:PCC is the way to go. It does work.

Funnily enough, I had a letter published in the Independent 4 years ago, after I wrote in about a defamatory article. The Editor couldn't have been more helpful.

The response from the Editor in this case is a microcosm of the whole Guardian/Observer mentality.

Are you saying Dishmop edits the Observer? Surely not! :shock:
Jack

Post by Jack »

Fwbl Dollman wrote:
Heinz wrote:PCC is the way to go. It does work.

Are you saying Dishmop edits the Observer? Surely not! :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: You bad bastard! :lol: :lol:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

You remember the "Red Stripe" thread then Jack?

All he needs to complete the outfit is a proper haircut - He looks like he goes to the butcher and gets it done with a knife and fork!!!! I DO hope he's at Victory!!!!
Jack

Post by Jack »

Fwbl Dollman wrote:You remember the "Red Stripe" thread then Jack?

All he needs to complete the outfit is a proper haircut - He looks like he goes to the butcher and gets it done with a knife and fork!!!! I DO hope he's at Victory!!!!

I remember that thread yes :shock:

Why go to the butchers and get it done like that get a half decent wig, cap might fit him then :lol:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Meeeeeeeeeeow hunny bunny!
I say it's a good job his ears stick out so far or else his cap would suffocate him AND he'd be blind!!!!!

Poor love. he's only trying to feed his ego like the rest of us erm - You ! (I forgot! I retired!)
West-Front

Post by West-Front »

If you had no wish to be associated with such a vile regime, why on earth did you get married in that distasteful manner?

unquote

My advice would be to seek any and all legal advice and take the ____ to the cleaners.

Glad to see the media in the UK is as vile as that in Austalia. Disgusting behaviour, you make a educated and informed complaint and thats the satisfaction you get....unbelievable
Der Spiess
Location: Don't know but that blokes got a balaclava and an AK47!

Post by Der Spiess »

Quote:I cannot agree that by dressing up in Nazi uniform you are somehow distancing yourself from the Third Reich. If you had no wish to be associated with such a vile regime, why on earth did you get married in that distasteful manner? unquote

To be fair he does have a point, we can't wear this stuff without the general poulus thinking we believe, so to get married wearing the gear would "look" to the outside world that you agree with it (the regime that is). I'm not saying were all "nazi's" or that you or your wife are, I'm just saying that it must have looked that way to anyone who isn't an axis reenactor. Lets face it on another topic (topic:Warning... from Steve Kellher) were told that WW2 allied re-enactors all think were nazi's and associate ourselves with autrosities so if people who attend and know us think that, how can we expect middle class Observer reading idiots to think any different.

Me personnal opinion is I can't see the harm in getting "wed" how YOU want to, isn't that what the war was fought over, freedom?

Regards
Toodle pip
Der Spiess
Belfast or Bust
andy d

Post by andy d »

I also have a Boba Fett (star wars) costume.
Not once have I ever captured Han Solo! :D
Der Spiess wrote:Quote:I cannot agree that by dressing up in Nazi uniform you are somehow distancing yourself from the Third Reich. If you had no wish to be associated with such a vile regime, why on earth did you get married in that distasteful manner? unquote

To be fair he does have a point, we can't wear this stuff without the general poulus thinking we believe, so to get married wearing the gear would "look" to the outside world that you agree with it (the regime that is). I'm not saying were all "nazi's" or that you or your wife are, I'm just saying that it must have looked that way to anyone who isn't an axis reenactor. Lets face it on another topic (topic:Warning... from Steve Kellher) were told that WW2 allied re-enactors all think were nazi's and associate ourselves with autrosities so if people who attend and know us think that, how can we expect middle class Observer reading idiots to think any different.

Me personnal opinion is I can't see the harm in getting "wed" how YOU want to, isn't that what the war was fought over, freedom?

Regards
Der Spiess

Post by Der Spiess »

No but I bet youv'e had a Hans shandy.... Arf arf :shock:
Toodle pip
Der Spiess
Belfast or Bust
von sean

Post by von sean »

Tut tut der spiess as i recollect the last time you visited the Fair isle you had more than one or two shandy's each night your good self and lest we forget Boba Fett is Irish too! 8)
von sean
stefan

Post by stefan »

NO boba fett is the son of jango fett who is from Concord Dawn
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Der Spiess

Post by Der Spiess »

stefan wrote:NO boba fett is the son of jango fett who is from Concord Dawn
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Duncan, come on behave. :roll:
Toodle pip
Der Spiess
Belfast or Bust

Return to “Announcements”