Warning to all German re-enactors

Moderator: johankreig

Wilhelm

Post by Wilhelm »

reddevil1311 wrote:I know someone who was shot by their own group at Detling this year......... :)

Ashley
I remember that....I think Paul remembers it too! :wink:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Elsecar - not a mainstream event - used to be but now is pants.
Beltring - Not a railway event and I think you must be mistaken - I'm in the arena every year (as is Schaefer) and I've never seen Germans executed at the end....
Brownhills? Where's that?

So what you are in fact saying is - SVR, GCR, Peak Rail, ELR, NYMR, Nene Valley, Bolton and Embsay, Churnett Valley DON'T execute people at the end?

And if you're naming the WW2Association I think that they ought to have the right to reply......
oberfeld_remer

Post by oberfeld_remer »

Hi,

As one of the Northern ww2 Assoc members i would like to reply to the issue of executions at shows.

Sadly, they did happen. Although i hasten to add, not at all the shows and certainly not Beltring as we have never been there. Any individuals who went did not go as part of our association.

The problem seems to lie, not with our own Societies allies, but rather with the groups who tag along with us at some shows. At the last Elsecar event, i put a stop to the executions for good, i hope. It came to a head when some moron dressed as 'French resistance' took a knife from a GI and held it to the neck of one of our youngest members, whom he then shoved up against a wall and pretended to cut his throat. There then followed a spate of shooting wounded and prisoners.

This was totally unscripted and the lads had no idea what was coming. Apart from the danger of close firing, using knives etc, it is extremely unprofessional and takes us into the deep waters of farbiness. I had to calm the young lad down afterwards who was extremely upset by this ordeal.

My own personal opinion is that the 'Allies' have this 'we always win' mentality which leads to unrestraint on the field where they simply do what they want. I know not all the allies do this, but i have seen it far too often for my liking.

Hopefully in 2007, we may see an end to shooting prisoners under the pretence 'its what the audience want to see'. I'm sure the veterans in the audience have a slightly different view.
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

The SBG script the Beltring battles and certainly would not tolerate any executions.
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

The extra battle done at the entrance to the arena, in front of the bunker, 2-3 Germans were brought back from the woods and executed in front of the bunker.

There was quite an audience for it.

Oberfeld Remer - glad youve sorted it out :wink: , if we dont tell people that it's not on, they won't stop doing it.

PD, i know very well, that anything you have a hand in wont be doing these things, as i said, i just seem to have seen quite a lot of it at the events ive been at. :wink:
Gliderinf / Luftlande
Cara

Post by Cara »

Sorry Guys,

Just a quick query, has anyone seen the War and Peace 2006 DVD yet?

If so, am I right that at the end of the 29th's little display (Can't remember what the DVD section title was), they are all shot by the Germans after they have surrendered?? :?

Cheers,
Cara
x
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

That would be one of the bits not scripted by the SBG then?
If it was a part of the 29th display did they script it?
Not very bright whoever did it.
The answer is not to play along, if you are shot whilst a prisoner dont 'die' just laugh at the poor sorry git and as KDF says walk off.
If it's scripted into the battle dont join the battle.
This applies equally to the allies and the axis, dont play the silly game.
Cara

Post by Cara »

Thanks for the reply Sean,

I believe the 29th (A Company) would have scripted it as it was their display, and they seem to do a battle display each year.

It is just that they had a german group work the battle with them and I haven't got a clue who they were :?

Was just shocked to see it, in front of so many people (They were all clapping) and also on the DVD :?

Cara
x
warren

Post by warren »

no point in denying it. yes it was some members of the sbg. It was scripted by the 29th. They wanted to "shock people" to quote on one them. I don't know why - perhaps you should ask them (the 29th) if you care that much. Why did we (the sbg)do it? - cos they asked us to take part in their annual mini battle.
So there are the facts - do with them what you will.
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Does it shock though?
Like seeing boobies on the telly?
Not at all shocking, but embarrassing if your mums there, so why do it?
In the case of the boobies cos they are smashing. In the case of the shootings my opinion is dont get involved. The 29th should know better and the blame will always land at the feet of the axis group who ever wrote the script.
Whats next? Suicide rather than capture?
Shooting of prisoners did go on, on both sides, but like shitting your pants in combat, is it a side of the war we need to re-enact?

Return to “Announcements”