Warning to all German re-enactors

Moderator: johankreig

Wilhelm

Post by Wilhelm »

grenadier heeder wrote:Reading the vehicle forum at it's length the writers seem to believe that the group is uk based. If I were in WARS/DR I'd get on there and make sure the distinction is made.
For anyone to suggest, or think that this video could possibly be of the UK based WARS "Das Reich" is a pure discredit to a fine group, and an apology should be forth coming. Further more, I think FMROMMEL has done a mis-service by openly placing this on our forum.

It is clear for all to see in the video that they portray Regt "Deutschland" Das Reich, they wear late war pea-dot camo (UK Das Reich portray 1943).
Our group is only at section strength whereas the group shown was much larger and the landscape clearly American.

Bill Medland (proud to portray my father-in-law in a Waffen-SS unit).
Muller

Post by Muller »

i cant get video to work on my pikey PC but from what i have heard its a bit of a storm in a teacup. I am sure the media have enough stories going on at the moment ie:

Iraq
Afgannistanni
Blair/Brown
no room at the inn for criminals
Kid gansters shooting each other
and not least ol nutty balls over in Korea

if you have ever re-enacted ss (i have for over 5 years) you will be well aware that the flectarn military verhicle owners circus are well anti axis re-enactment and especialy ss.

i think the best thing is to forget about it and move on.

:wink:
Salerno43

Post by Salerno43 »

I agree with Dan totally.

Someone wasn't thinking, did the deed, then put it on the web - not clever, but there you go.
KDF

public

Post by KDF »

Bill,
What the uninformed public actually know is perhaps a tad different to what someone who knows what group wore etc.

Many years ago at my last time at SVR, a moronic Brit re-enactor started having the German troops alive at the end of the battle shot.Well I wasn`t having any of that and promptly stood up with other members of my group and walked off in disgust.No one should be doing that...Don`t care who they are or how long they have been doing it.
That forum should take that off,and informed in big letters it`s the USA folk`s video....and that on youtube should be removed...plain trouble causing stooopidness.

That`s my view...nothing good comes from it,only trouble we don`t need.
k
Maus Commander

Post by Maus Commander »

Just me or are those guys a smidge high n mighty to demand some sort of police for us? After all, we see on this forum many different Axis groups, Heer, SS, FG etc etc working together quite well, mind this is only on the Axis side, and we do have the odd "Black-sheep" we prefer not to be associated to...

It always strikes me as odd at how horrifically disjointed and insider bickering that happens within the Reenactment community, Allied groups arguing constantly and falling out with Axis groups, Allied groups falling out with allied groups, all groups falling out with other groups....

When is this madness going to end? At least here on the Axis side of things we can see some sort of cohesion, we back eachother up, we ensure that any trouble that happens at any show is sorted and rectified when accusations are thrown our way.

Why is this? Is it the fact we enjoy the organization and skill of the German side of things that we do it, thus in a way acting more like the era we portray with our organizational skills and kameraderie?

Or is it the threat from idiots like those of Arse Reich over in the US, videoing such spectacles which we prefer to only talk about? Thus giving a possibility of an outright ban of our particular sector of the hobby, that drives us together to protect ourselves from such fools?
steve kellher

Post by steve kellher »

we do have the odd "Black-sheep" we prefer not to be associated {who might that be then ?????} :twisted:
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Gliderinf wrote:Theres hardly a railway battle goes by, in which they dont execute Germans at the end!
Shouldent ever be done, whatever your portraying!
Talk about it, lecture about it, but dont illustrate it :!:
Rubbish!
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

What ? Which bits rubbish ?
Gliderinf / Luftlande
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Theres hardly a railway battle goes by, in which they dont execute Germans at the end!
Name me the ones this year (2006)
steve kellher

Post by steve kellher »

Some Allies do get a bit trigger happy at severn valley but ive never seen a line up to be shot, more like us laying down and a few bangs maybe! :twisted: need to get brit kit so i can do it :D but this year has been rather a gentlemans affair
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Affairs?
Involving Gentlemen?
I thought you'd left all that behind when you went off with Mutti?

(left - behind! HA HA AH!)

ooops - Sorry...... :roll:
steve kellher

Post by steve kellher »

Sh.t ive grassed my self up...ok Paul how much to shut you up lol
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

Elsecar, 2005
Elsecar 2006
Beltring 2005
Brownhills 2006

I dont keep count, i just know ive seen it several times and it pisses me off.

(actually pretty much any time you see the Northern ww2 associaetion)
Last edited by Gliderinf on Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gliderinf / Luftlande
steve kellher

Post by steve kellher »

I can remember back in 2003 me and a lad from the luffty society was taken prisoner and shot so say at a railway event in devon, was not botherd at the time but looking back the public loved it so it was crap really
reddevil1311

Post by reddevil1311 »

I know someone who was shot by their own group at Detling this year......... :)

Ashley
"I am a white male aged 18 to 45, everyone listens to me no matter how dumb my suggestions are"

www.reenactor.se (FHF - Sweden)
http://combatengineers.forumup.org/

Return to “Announcements”