Hubert Meyer RIP

Moderator: johankreig

SchnellMeyer

Hubert Meyer RIP

Post by SchnellMeyer »

It is with great sadness that I report the passing of SS Obersturmbannfuhrer Hubert Meyer . Hubert was a early member of the LAH and saw action on all fronts , he won the German cross in Gold with the LAH and later went on to serve in the HJ Div in Normandy . After Kurt Meyer was captured Hubert became commander of the 12 SS Pz. Dive HJ until Fritz Kraemer took over .
Hubert was the last living SS Divisional commander and also the highest living Waffen SS officer , after the war he worked very hard for the rights of SS veterans . He also was involved in promoting the HIAG book on the Waffen SS called " Wenn alles Bruden Schweigen" and he also wrote the history of the 12 SS Pz Div HJ .
I am honored to have met Hubert several times at the 1 SS Pz. Korps reunions in Austria and Germany . We remained in contact over the years and he will be greatly missed by all who knew him , rest in peace my friend.

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands Largest German military vehicle and
re-enactment group
grenadier Biermann

Re: Hubert Meyer RIP

Post by grenadier Biermann »

R.I.P.
Burger Schlesien Bad-Darkau
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

REST IN PEACE.
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

Justin, sad news indeed, a very few years will see all of these few remaining witnesses to history gone. I have some books signed by him a tenuous link to the man but more importantly the loss of the man to his family and former comrades.
Hard to imagine what HM experienced in Russia and Normandy , much as we may read it , see it on "U-Tube" or "History Channel" "living history" can't quite bridge the gap.
koobleguy

Post by koobleguy »

Ruhe in Frieden, Kamerad!
regards, koobleguy

always looking for parts, pictures etc for VW Kübelwagen type 82 Schwimmwagen type 166 BMW R75

Return to “Announcements”