Der Windhund Fallen Kamerad

Moderator: johankreig

Martin Webster

Der Windhund Fallen Kamerad

Post by Martin Webster »

It is with great sadness and regret that I must inform you all that John Griffin passed away on the evening of Friday 16th of December after suffering a heart attack.
He was taken from us at a young age of 49 years old.
John was a loved and valued friend, his warped sense of humour kept us in stitches at events we attended.
He was one of the 5 founding members of the current version of the UK Der Windhund group, his dedication to the group and our hobby was unwaverng.
We will all miss him deeply and our thoughts go out to his family and friends.
Rest in Peace my friend.
Last edited by Martin Webster on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Martin Ernst

Kp.2-PzGren.Rgt.60-116.Pz.Div "Der Windhund"
http://www.windhund.org.uk
The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.
(Murphy's Law)
DAS MEDIC

Re: Der Windhund Fallen Komarad

Post by DAS MEDIC »

A realfriend and will be sadly missed by myself and micky
"every dog has its' day"
"never pi$$ a guy off who works in a tall glass building who owns a high powered rifle"

manager to real german hairdresser

http://www.motorcyclemedics.page.tl
J.Klinsmann

Re: Der Windhund Fallen Komarad

Post by J.Klinsmann »

In Sincere Condolences Kameraden

May express my sadness at hearing your news............from all of the guys in the SBG our thoughts are with you all at this sad time

Nick Klinsmann
3Kp 1st SS PZ Div Second Battle Group

Hoffman Grink

Re: Der Windhund Fallen Kamerad

Post by Hoffman Grink »

I learned of this on Friday evening from a very shocked Martin. I have already passed on my condolences but I would like to add that Martin has lost the next best thing to a brother with John's passing. My heart goes out not only to Jan and the boys but to You and Sue as well as his parents.

A sudden loss like this is devastating and while there is never a good time to leave - Passing so close to Christmas makes it very difficult for those left behind every year. I feel so sad about John's death. 49 is no age to be taken.

We will all be that much poorer for him no longer being amongst us. :cry:
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

Rest in Peace
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

A genuinely friendly and funny bloke. What an incredible tragedy. He will be missed by many. His family and close friends are in my thoughts. RIP John.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Hoffman Grink wrote:I learned of this on Friday evening from a very shocked Martin. I have already passed on my condolences but I would like to add that Martin has lost the next best thing to a brother with John's passing. My heart goes out not only to Jan and the boys but to You and Sue as well as his parents.

A sudden loss like this is devastating and while there is never a good time to leave - Passing so close to Christmas makes it very difficult for those left behind every year. I feel so sad about John's death. 49 is no age to be taken.

We will all be that much poorer for him no longer being amongst us. :cry:
RIP sir

Yes PD its odd that a lot of people pass away at this time of year
ImageImageImageImageImage
KDF

Post by KDF »

Shocked and saddened to hear of this lovely, funny and kind hearted man passing away. He was always very kind and considerate to me, and each year although not part of the Windhund in any form of an active way, was always made to feel welcome by him and the rest of the group. He will be greatly missed by us all.

My thoughts with his family and friends.

Keith
Founder member of AFRA.
feldman

Post by feldman »

In that age and in Christmas time, makes me so sad every time, even if i dont know the person.

A Windhund has gone west..

Ruhe im frieden
Retired & Armed

Return to “Announcements”