SS Unterscharfuehrer Gert Krassner

Moderator: johankreig

SchnellMeyer

Re: SS Unterscharfuehrer Gert Krassner

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Well done to KK and the men of SBG who gave Gert a proper send off , he deserved no less .
I am sure he is with his fellow Kameraden now .

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands Largest German military vehicle and
re-enactment group
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

ssparatrooper wrote:Gentlemen

It is with a heavy heart i must report the death of my very good friend and kamarad Gert Krassner, Gert passed away last night in the arms of his wife Ann with a bottle of beer in his hand, he was the very best of the Waffen ss in every respect and the memory of him and the times we spent together will echo in the second battle group forever.

Gert was a "tiger funker" and serverd in "Nord" & "Das Reich" and eventually ended up in a koenigs tiger fighting at the seelow heights and then in Berlin.

Kamaraden bis zum ende old friend i will see you at the rv!

Treume suss von saur gerken!

Thanks Kit kat I have saved this photo as it is a fitting tribute to this lovely man. I have added it to my ablum of german ww2 photos that i keep for when I do chats on the war period at the many events I would do here in Ireland to show the audience, he wont be forgotten .
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
Bill Medland

Post by Bill Medland »

I found this thread late, hence my late reply.............

Always sad to see an old Kamerad pass on and with each one it gets that little bit more difficult.

A moment to reflect, Bill.
Attachments
meinbruder.jpg
meinbruder.jpg (95.96 KiB) Viewed 2587 times

Return to “Announcements”