Sad News

Moderator: johankreig

ringer

Sad News

Post by ringer »

Im very sad to announce that one of our longest serving and well respected members
Mick Gill passed away this afternoon at Military Odyssey

Mick was with the guys on the pitch when he suffered a suspected heart attack and despite paramedics being there very rapidly, Mick didn't regain consciousness.

Our thoughts go out to his family.

Kompanie1 would like to thank all the WW2 groups that lowered their flags in respect.

RIP old Friend
berlin1945

Re: Sad News

Post by berlin1945 »

I would like to offer my sad condolances to the family of Mick and may he rest in peace , I met Mick a few times over the years and have fond memories of him.

Requiescat in pace
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
Hennig

Post by Hennig »

R.I.P Mick , it was sad to see this happen opposite us today , as Barry and the rest of KP1 said least he went while doing what he liked best to do .
I thought it only right as a mark of respect to Mick to go round and ask ALL groups to lower their flags to half mast today , this was done without question , a credit to the reenacting comunity , my deepest condolences to Micks family and his other family KP1 , i say this also on behalf of Second Battle Group .

Mike
SS Schar Hennig Der FG
SS-Feldgend Tr 1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
SECOND BATTLE GROUP
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

I didn't know the gentleman but am saddened to see anyone die under such sudden circumstances.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

RIP sir
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

What a shock! I am at an event and have just logged in. Mick was as Kev says, a long standing member of our community and will be missed.

My sincere condolences to Mick's family and deep respects to Mick.
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

Totally shocked about this news.
Mick will be long remembered with love and respect.

Deepest condolences to all his family and his friends.

Will miss you son.
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
Jack

Post by Jack »

Remember Mick from before i was in KP1 years ago, so sad hes gone, lovely bloke, RIP Mick.
"My wife had a go at me last night. She said 'You'll drive me to my grave'.
I had the car out in thirty seconds. "
barryG

Post by barryG »

A huge thankyou to all those groups that signed his card today and Sunday, also to those people who took the time to come over and offer sympathy... SGB, KSK, FJR2, DAS REICH and especially pepperpot.... you are ALL fantastic and apologies if I havent mentioned you but it was a hectic time.
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

hi guys
please pass on my sincere condolences to micks family ..and to you guys his friends too

it is such a sad time when this happens ..but with a small bit of happyness he was in the right place with his friends when this sad part of life happened ....

rest in peace mick
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
LAH650

Post by LAH650 »

TFH send their condolences, we signed the card over the weekend... but I thought we should post here as well.

There was a lot of blue lights over the whole 3 days 'we' hope all got home safe....

Thunder from Heaven
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

The personal designed card which is being sent off to his relatives, will go by 1st class post, by the end of this week, a couple of alterations to be done.
it was nice to see that we had 3 pages of A4 from units and dealers who signed the card.
what i dont understand is why 4 allied units didnt sign. two of these units re enact ww1 while the others re enact ww2. one unit was quite blunt about not signing. I thought ww2 finished over 70 years ago.
pepperpot
barryG

Post by barryG »

I know that upset you but honestly, the fact so many others acted so differently more than made up for that ridiculous farce. I think its best to leave any group politics out of it, lets just remember the huge amount of good people over the weekend. Thankyou again for sorting the card out etc.
manstein

Post by manstein »

on behalf of fg39-45 i would like to pass on our thoughts and prayers to mikes family
lowering the flag to half mast was the least we could do for a fellow reenacter.

i know one of the paramedics that attened and she said he never suffered at all

he went out doing what he enjoyed and in full uniform if only the rest of us can be so lucky to go that way

R.I.P
scott p v
Generalfeldmarschall Erich von Manstein
member of fg39-45
http://www.feldgendarmerie3945.webs.com/
http://feldgendarmerie3945.freeforums.org/index.php
ringer

Post by ringer »

Thank you for all of your kind words chaps

For anyone wishing to attend :

The funeral will be held on 13th Sept at 13.30 hrs at the Chichester Crematorium, Westhampnett Road, Chichester, PO19 7UH.

Below is the message board of The Royal Sussex / Queens Regt website.
Mick`s former Regiment.

http://www.1royalsussex-3queens.com/roy ... temap.html

Return to “Announcements”