BATTLEFIELD PYROTECHNIC COURSE

Moderator: johankreig

Hoffman Grink

BATTLEFIELD PYROTECHNIC COURSE

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Many people have been asking and now we are able to offer, in conjunction with TLSFx, a battlefield pyrotechnic course for re-enactors.

This will be a one day course on the 21st of May 2011.

It will be held at the purpose built facility at Faldingworth in Lincolnshire.

It will cover P2 articles pyrotechnic (in line with forthcoming legislation due in 2013)
Device types, correct handling, transport and storage. Permitted quantities and lots of hands on in order to familiarise the user with the characteristics and effects of various devices.

The course will be a full day, it will be dynamic, punchy and the emphasis will be on practical experience re-inforced with theory.

Cost is £150 per person and we are giving AFRA members preference. There are 15 places available but if there is sufficient interest we may run another course in quick succession.

Register your interest by doing the following
email pd@afra.org.uk and put in the title of your email PYRO COURSE MAY 2011.

Further details will be sent to you.

A certificate of satisfactory completion will be issued to successful participants.
Battleflames3.jpg
Battleflames3.jpg (20.69 KiB) Viewed 6343 times
Be safe - Learn from the best.
wehrmacht98k

Re: BATTLEFIELD PYROTECHNIC COURSE

Post by wehrmacht98k »

could you help me? I am looking to make a German mortar (does not fire anything) and it was originaly just for show...But I have seen people drop TLSFx thermobarics and it seems that looked pretty good! I am not sure if it was a thermobaric but what would be a good product from that company to simulate a mortar firing (just the muzzle blast not the actual projectile)?Any saftey procautions from you?
Steiner

Post by Steiner »

Pyrotechnics cannot be sold to or used by anybody under 18, I believe.
"Stop that!!! Careful with my J-J!"
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

The poster is in the US - therefore I can not offer any useful advice as I do not know what falls in or outside of the law over there. Sorry.
Steiner is indeed correct for the UK. under 18s should not be given or allowed to use pyrotechnic devices (fireworks) as it is against the law.
wehrmacht98k

Post by wehrmacht98k »

Steiner wrote:Pyrotechnics cannot be sold to or used by anybody under 18, I believe.
you are correct.
wehrmacht98k

Post by wehrmacht98k »

Hoffman Grink wrote:The poster is in the US - therefore I can not offer any useful advice as I do not know what falls in or outside of the law over there. Sorry.
Steiner is indeed correct for the UK. under 18s should not be given or allowed to use pyrotechnic devices (fireworks) as it is against the law.
I was looking for more of a "would that work?" kind of answere for that or "Would it look realistic?"
-Matt
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

You got your reply sir ! and Now lets get back on TOPIC ! thanks
ImageImageImageImageImage
wehrmacht98k

Post by wehrmacht98k »

Franz repper wrote:You got your reply sir ! and Now lets get back on TOPIC ! thanks
what?
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Its very plain and simple Herr Grink gave you a reply you did not like it I have said get back on topic as this is about A BATTLEFIELD PYROTECHNIC COURSE clue is in the Title not about any thing else so END OF DISCUSSION :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Announcements”