Tim Wale 1975 - 2006

Moderator: johankreig

Hoffman Grink

Tim Wale 1975 - 2006

Post by Hoffman Grink »

It is with great sadness I share this with you all.
Tim Wale, one of the guys who I started out in re-enacting with died last week. he was buried in a non religious ceremony on Tuesday 30th May.

Tim had been ill for a long time. His illness debilitated him to the point where he didn't feel up to visitors and so we had seen nothing of him for a long time. His family cared for him until the end and I can only begin to imagine the heartache and pain they are left with.
He was, in his own terminology, a bounder! He was a proper character and whenever he was around all you did was laugh. Those who knew Tim will remember the mad japes he got up to. This was old school re-enacting with none of the fancy uniforms of today, a mish mash of kit and sacks full of enthusiasm. Trips to France and Germany were frequent with battlefield visits and stunts galore. Too many to mention on here....

He was an inveterate vehicle collector - Jimmys, Ferrets, Champs, Mungas, Trekkers, DKWs, combis..... all sorts! And he knew how to use them. I recall one event at Bolsover in 1999 when egg jousting was invented.... Two combis riding full tilt at each other with the occupants hurling eggs at the opponent to score points in some wild, ad hoc game with ever changing rules and lots of cheating..... we laughed until we were sick.....

Here is Tim at that Tournament Piloting his machine with Mickey Rolfe hanging on for dear life.... and all of us peeing ourselves - I was in the sidecar of the opposing machine.... Boy did I bring up a bruise on Timbo's leg with a raw egg! Here is how I want to remember him. Laughing, Mad as a bucket of frogs and full of life.

Tim was 31. We pass this way but once.... So let's cause as much bloody mayhem as possible doing it!
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

I found this picture this morning.
Tim at ELR in 2000 - Proving that you could look good even in an off guard moment!
Crikey! We had a curry at the Indian that weekend - Tim never carried cash - But his card came in handy!!!!! :wink: Laugh? we never stopped when he was around! He was bloody brilliant - and so understated.
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

I didnt know the chap personally. But it is always a great shame when a mate dies, weirdly enough me and my mates were remembering our old friend also named Tim the other day.
Its a terrible thing when people die young and I empathise with you mate.

We'll have a drink to him at GCR eh.
Tom.
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

never met him paul
but sad for you and his family

so young really :cry:

make the most of it guys as we all dont have long enough to enjoy it properly

p.s
i would love to see these old days become part of today :wink:
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
KDF

Tim

Post by KDF »

It was with shock and sadness that I hear from PD that Tim as passed away.
He was a very clever but comical figure...something we needed in those days(and still do) of our early time of trying to start our own group.
His crowning moment of "glory" (for which he recieved a round of applause from the public) was at SVR many years ago firing his new b/f`ing MP40 which much to his horror came apart into TWO seperate halves BUT still kept firing! The look on his face was sheer astounishment...
RIP Tim
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

At GCR this weekend I was going to ask for a minute's silence at the end of the battle to honour the fallen. I will also include Tim in this. Very small tribute but nevertheless - fitting that we should remember him. Thanks for your messages of sympathy - both here and by PM.

Return to “Announcements”