Die Alte Hasen

Moderator: johankreig

Panzerrob

Die Alte Hasen

Post by Panzerrob »

Hi

Just to inform you:

Die Alte Hasen has ceased as a living history/reenactment group.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who helped and supported us.
berlin1945

Re: Die Alte Hasen

Post by berlin1945 »

Panzerrob wrote:Hi

Just to inform you:

Die Alte Hasen has ceased as a living history/reenactment group.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who helped and supported us.
Sorry to learn this good luck in all that you do in the future.
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

Wishing you guys all the best for the future , you were a sound bunch and always welcome to contact us any time.

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands Largest German military vehicle and
re-enactment group
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

This decision is due to various changing circumstances none of which have anything to do with re-enacting , having said this four good friendships were made and these will remain intact.
On the broader front a great deal of ill will and damage (which we were left with) was cleared up this was done without any bad feeling or lingering after taste, nothing forced and all was freely given - so our coming about and brief activity was absolutely not a waste , in fact I am glad it took place if for this alone.

We were former members of KGK and collectively we felt we could no longer be part of that group which we felt had been badly led , accumulating baggage which was none of its own or anything to do with this hobby but which had to be put down , disowned and walked away from , this we did. ("Operation Lamp Oil".)

My only wish from your breaking up is that Gerry will find a new outfit to be part of , as I posted on the request thread he is a very good decent individual , he comes with a wealth of practical knowledge which can be applied to the re-enacting scene , he is well read on his subject , is very well equipped and in short he would be an asset to any group and we former members of DAH are proud to be his friends.

Thank you Justin for your words and for the goodwill shown by yourself on behalf of your membership , we would certainly wish you all well for your future endeavours.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

I personally have never seen DAH in action, but I do know a few of it members quite well, from when I was a former member of KGK (A completely different story.. :D )

The men that I know are kind and know allot about our hobby. Just a pity it never worked out for what ever reason.
I would hope that Gerry finds a good group also as JS said he would be a asset to any group....

Kindest Regards

Rttf J Stolzer
SchnellMeyer

Post by SchnellMeyer »

James , the most important thing from this is as you rightly said four friendships were made and will remain intact . I am sure in due course things will turn around again . You all gave it a good shot and enjoyed it while it worked . My door is always opened to you guys and feel free to contactc me if you want . James , I will be in contact with you for sure .

Kampfgruppe Sud:Irelands Largest German military vehicle and
re-enactment group
Pummelchen

Post by Pummelchen »

Gerry...is well read on his subject , is very well equipped
I will have him anytime then :twisted: - sorry, couldn´t resist.

Wishing all the "alte Hasen" all the best for the future,
kind regards from a "Zibbe" :wink:
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

Lili (Von Shtupp) is that you , "All those men coming and going and coming too soon".
dagda

Post by dagda »

Sorry to hear that James! All the best for the future!
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

Not the end of the world , as I said the friendship has not been lost nor shall it be and it is nothing which cannot be taken up again at a more opportune moment , I know within my own life at the moment I do not have the time I once had and priorities have to be set.
Gerry_06

Post by Gerry_06 »

Thanks to all for the kind words and wishing us all the best. Although the group will not be there anymore, our friendship will.
I am glad to inform all, that I have joined the german section of the WLHA, so I am sorted. Thanks to all who spoke kindly of me.
Gerry
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

I make no bones about it Gerry they have got a good man , hope it all works out well for you. :)
Panzerrob

Post by Panzerrob »

Great news Gerry, they're lucky to have you :D .

Thanks to Justin and everyone else for your kind words, and to concur with James and Gerry, "Although the group will not be there anymore, our friendship will."
Gerry_06

Post by Gerry_06 »

Cheers James and Robbie :D
sig rune

Post by sig rune »

Are we talking about the same Gerry?, sorry Gerry couldn't resist, I have to add my thanks to every who has helped us in the past. I have met some great people through this hobby, for me, my priorities have changed and reenacting unfortunately has paid the price.

Gerry good luck with the WHLA, hopefully the four us can get together in the near future for a bevy.

Francie.

Return to “Announcements”