Inporting blank firers... a word of warning!!!!

Moderator: johankreig

meyer

Re: Inporting blank firers... a word of warning!!!!

Post by meyer »

Blank firers on fac's?Hmmmm lets think about this for a minute people..............No it's not going to happen and i will tell you for why (before anyone starts shouting me down).The bottom line is money given the F****ed up state of the country funds or lack of them.the last thing the new goverment is going to do is spend money on makeing more paperwork that does not net them any more than it will cost them.
The last lot were going to licesnce air-rifles a few years ago until a,they found out just how many there were and b, just what it was going to cost,so given they skinted the counrty giving all the money to a bunch of bankers,were's the cash going to come from can't see rbs funding it some how.
And just remeber there's a hell of a lot of b/f's out there reeactors only hold a very small % of them ,bottom line it will not happen.
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Registering all BF wont change the law with regards venting. An FAC will only stand you in good stead for section 1 or 2 not section 5 pistols.
Front venting smg are available that meet the legal requirements.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

I do not support licensing blank firing pistols. This matter is not VCR related. This matter is Firearms Act related. Without making any political capital on this issue - There is no hard and fast set of written guidelines that we all run to and the stumbling block is that almost everyone is protecting their own perceived patch so furiously that they are missing seeing the wood for the trees.

The items in question are made with fittings for a cup discharger and as such are capable of launching a projectile. They may also be deemed readily convertible. It would seem the vendor is operating a dubious practice to entice people into purchasing. If you have not already attended your interview under caution I recommend you take a solicitor with you or at least request the presence of the duty solicitor for the interview. You need to make it plain that you answered an advert (find it and take it with you if possible) in good faith and no criminal intent was present. It will be easiest to sign them over and give them up for destruction as for you to have them I suspect the Home Office Forensic Service will have to test them to determine their convertibility (or not) and that is not going to happen. If it does they will be in such shit state when you get them back they will be unusable

Did you pay by credit card of Paypal? If so start a dispute and get your money back.

And remember - if it looks too good to be true - it usually is!
Jaws

Post by Jaws »

Hanser, I don't think this has anything to do with your problem, but I spotted this on my local papers website and posted it on the pozzi forum:

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/8105426 ... lica_guns/

I should have posted it on this forum, too. :oops:

Regards,

Gary.
S.A.S.A.B.
Society Against Splinter A Bandoliers

Find The Frontline Association on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheFrontlineAssociation
gurowski

Post by gurowski »

Jaws wrote:Hanser, I don't think this has anything to do with your problem, but I spotted this on my local papers website and posted it on the pozzi forum:

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/8105426 ... lica_guns/

I should have posted it on this forum, too. :oops:

Regards,

Gary.
It doesn't really pertain to importing, only BF's that are currently in the UK, and BF's that arn't used in reenacting, just like the brococks a few years back
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Dave sorry to hear this news , I would if I was you get in contact with our good and dear Fieldjager and ask his view
ImageImageImageImageImage
hanser

Post by hanser »

Just to put a happy ending to this thread, I have had official notification from UK Border Agency that there is no further action to be taken on the offence.
At least I can rest easy now and hope this thread helps others in the future.

see you at Belters
Dave
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

They confiscated them then? and destroyed them? Mighty glad they left you alone though mate - What would the Guinea pigs do with their Dad in Pwison????
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Spot of good news for you there then. A very happy out come.
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

yes dave good to see common sense has prevailed

and thanks for sharing this difficult time with us
so others that listen wont make the same mistakes

but im sure some will :wink:
Last edited by les hearn on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
jonboy 85th

Post by jonboy 85th »

very happy for you Dave :D
Casbah Rock

Post by Casbah Rock »

Its very good news that they didn't go all silly and do you for it :)
SS-Rottenführer Kotzur
Zweite Kampfgruppe
1. SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
Meine Ehre Heißt Treue
sparky

Post by sparky »

common sense prevailed!
see you at belters mate
Proud to be a member of - WARS Das Reich -
Where the party never ends!
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

I've just seen this thread so I apologise if my reply is a bit late.

Only as far back as August/September time I was asked for my advice concerning identical 'supposed' front venting blank firers from France. Apparently, a continental member of a large UK re-enactment group was touting such items around its membership.

I can only repeat here what I said at the time, DO NOT TOUCH THESE ITEMS WITH A BARGE POLE! Wanting to wear a spangly, front-venting Luger in battles is not worth the potential loss of 5 years of your liberty!

I'm glad it all worked out for you, Dave.. but anyone else feeling tempted, please don't even contemplate it.
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

Return to “Announcements”