Fraudulently Booking into Events

Moderator: johankreig

Ziegelstein

Fraudulently Booking into Events

Post by Ziegelstein »

This is quite an unsavoury subject, but over the past year there have been several ex-members of The 20th Century Revisited (20cR) booking into UK events as bonafide members. It has been drawn to my attention and though we could do nothing about it this year, hope to make sure this does not happen next year.

How you can help:

Event Organisers. Please pm me with details of any persons booking into events this year under the banner of The 20th Century Revisited. I will be able to confirm by return that this person/people are members of our group.

Obviously we have a pretty shrewd idea who the guilty parties are and can assure them that litigation may ensue.

It is a serious matter in this day and age to claim insurance cover you are not entitled to and, someone claiming to be a member of a group of which they are not, can put a good reputation into jeopardy. It also affects the insurance of the Event Organiser.

Maybe we are a test case. Either way, I feel sure other groups would feel equally miffed if non-members of their group were booking into events as them! :evil:
les hearn

Re: Fraudulently Booking into Events

Post by les hearn »

hi as an organiser
can u tell me what unit is portrayed
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
Ziegelstein

Post by Ziegelstein »

pm'd
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Simply cured Smudge -
Members should carry a current photo ID card with a valid to date o it. They should be asled to produce said card when they turn up.

But no one ever does. :roll:

We too have had persons/ex members misrepresent themselves as AFRA members - To their firearms licencing authority!!!!! so you think you have problems! Didn't work though...... dunno what happened over it but we have systems in place to minimise these occurrences. Plod likes it..... that's good enough for us.

Return to “Announcements”