kharkov parka

Moderator: Feldjager

von papen

kharkov parka

Post by von papen »

how numerous were these in the SS?
were there more m43 model ones produced than the earlier m40?, or would there have been more of the normal type parkas m42? which the Heer used too?
also, iam guessing italian camo ones would be a no as theyd be pretty rare, jus wanting to know which would be more sensible for my impression (12thSS)
SS-Sturmmann Papen 7te Kompanie. II Batl. LSSAH
Zweite Zug , Aufklärungs
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

12th SS = Non of em.

They were produced originaly as a limited issue for sentries etc (suposedly) but when the shock of Russian winters upset evryones plans, they increased production, so for the second winter there were enough to dish out a descent dose, hence the SS corps at Karkov being largely equipped with them. Meanwhile the Army had come up with the padded reversible gear ( which was much cheaper/quiker to churn out) so the SS switched over to there own copy.

So realisticaly
winter 41-42 a few hear and there
Winter 42-43 Widespread with the 1st,2nd,3rd
Winter 43-44 Scarce again
winter 44-45 more scarce

Italian cammo ones (quite possibly unit produced rather than factory, small numbers like most "rigger" made gear.)

So 12th SS winter 44-45 you nead either a padded reversible (ideally in a brown side out, burred etc, not a peas) or a greatcoat.
Gliderinf / Luftlande
von papen

Post by von papen »

ah well they looked nice lol, however that aint how i should choose, jus cause of my height etc and ill have a while to grow ill go with the reversable parka instead of the greatcoat, is there any1 who produces the m42 mantel for an affordable price, cause thatd be the one id like to get soem day
SS-Sturmmann Papen 7te Kompanie. II Batl. LSSAH
Zweite Zug , Aufklärungs

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”