Waffen-SS Uniform Insignia Question???

Moderator: Feldjager

southender

Waffen-SS Uniform Insignia Question???

Post by southender »

Evening all!! Just a quick thread, I have recently bought a real good top notch replica M42 Waffen-SS enlisted man's tunic, made with old wool, probably the closest i'd ever get to an original one! Its come with excellent replica insignia, aged, so it looks old, but one thing its missing is a decent top-notch Waffen SS Rottenfuhrer arm/sleeve patch ( has the rank stripes on the collar patch ) So just asking if there is anywhere that you guys can recommend, to where i may be able to get one. I've had one from Nicholas Morigi in the past, there ok, but that type of quality may not do the tunic i have the justice it deserves. I'll try and get a pic on the forum. Also a length of original Iron Cross 2nd class for the buttonhole wouldn't go a miss!!

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers all, :D :D
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Plain and Simple (well that's what I say about him!)
Underwood...... :wink:
southender

Post by southender »

Thanks for the info, i'll give Richard a bell, and see what hes got in stock, but i may be getting an original one from a forum member, but will see how it go's
Cheers, :D
southender

Post by southender »

Heres a link to a picture of the tunic i would like to get the Rottenfuhrer sleeve rank patch for:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k180/ ... 2Tunic.gif
southender

RF Patch

Post by southender »

I just received in the post an original Rottenfuhrer patch, from a forum member, so i'll get a pic on th forum when i stitch it on.

Thanks all for the help, much appreciated, Graeme, :D
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

Ah, seeing by your tunic, another re-enactment farb, wearing high medals and awards he never earned. I wonder what those Waffen-SS/Wehrmacht men who truly won those awards through suffering and sacrifice would say?

K
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Helmut
Slow down old chum. You are being a tad abrasive this morning (GMT)
The guy's tunic is in keeping with re-enactment.
I take it you don't re-enact?
God know's how you'd label me then I wear a DKG!!!!!!!

As they say in Liverpool Helmy baby...

Ey ey ey! Calm down calm down calm down lah! :shock:
BaggyPants

Post by BaggyPants »

Helmut Von Moltke wrote:Ah, seeing by your tunic, another re-enactment farb, wearing high medals and awards he never earned.
How to win friends and influence people :D

Nothing farby about that, it looks accurate for the period. Farby is when it's a swedish jacket, unconverted, with every badge you can imagine including thr RK on it. Unless you'd like to post some photos of your own kit for comparison, don't be so quick to judge others ;)
Feldjager

Post by Feldjager »

By the same logic, none of us should be wearing the uniform or insignia either, as we have no right or entitlement to do so because we've "not earned it".

Do me a favour, sunshine... :roll:
Last edited by Feldjager on Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feldgendarmerie Trupp 82 - http://www.feldgendarmerie.co.uk
Panzer Nachrichten Abt. 38 - http://www.funker.co.uk
Hauptverbandplatz 82 - http://www.hvp82.co.uk

LHA members
Jim

Post by Jim »

I do not see a problem with this tunic.
I am finding Mr Von Moltke latest postings being aggresive and not in keeping with this forum.
Please tone it down a bit old chum.
SWB
pzrwest

farby

Post by pzrwest »

Well I agree with Paul if it's part of your impression ok but I don't think that people should just put badges rank etc on willi nilli... As for me I have the KVK2 ribbon, KM Artillery Badge, and my gefreiters cheveron on my tunic. All of these I earned through the unit. Has taken a year to earn these. All awards and rank has to be approved by our unit board.
Shergar

you should see big sig rune

Post by Shergar »

you should see big sig rune about not permitting me to wear all the bling he has me tortured over this too ,
you cant wear this you cant wear that , i swear ill slip a couple of valium into his drinks at christmas to calm him down
shergar

helmut its not like you to be a tad aggressive at all , but can i add graham southender is a really nice bloke and well i could say other things forbye but this forum is a better place for having him here and there are ways to address things on the forum rather than coming across as a bit aggressive ,

other than that have a nice day

shergar
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

Cant see how the awards are over the top. If its 1944, which is what most folks re-enact, then unless your only a teenager whos just arrived at the front, you should have seen quite a bit of the war. in fact you probably have seen about 5 years worth ( 5 times more than the 101st Airborne) and if you are still alive you are pretty well guaranteed a few awards. EK2 Branch aproprite assualt badge, black wound badge are pretty much a minimum, and you could very easily have a lot more.
Gliderinf / Luftlande

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”