are chinese companies any good?

Moderator: Feldjager

george s. rommel

are chinese companies any good?

Post by george s. rommel »

I've decided to buy my first reenacting piece which happens to me an M43 Field cap, I scoured the internet and when on ebay, I found one for 10.99 but it's from china. is it worth it?

heres a link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/60cm-WWII-Germa ... 5b08aa3df2
Panzer Wittman

Re: are chinese companies any good?

Post by Panzer Wittman »

Hit and miss. Mainly miss. There's no guarantee you'll get what'd in the pic, colours can be wrong etc. First rule of reenacting is buy once, buy right.
Save a bit more and get a decent one from a reputable company. I'd recommend a texled one from at the front.
Regards
Jim
funker50

Post by funker50 »

I've bought and received a bergmutze from a chap in China, very good coms, promptly sent (took about 2 weeks to arrive but considering some stuff from England takes around a week :roll: its good ), cheap postage and good copies, I've just ordered another one and a field cap from him.
Vorwärts und aufwärts!
askhati

Post by askhati »

China quality is generally dubious, but their low cost makes them perfect for entry-level purchases. Yes, we've all been told - and most of us agree with - that you only buy once, and buy right... but how many people would never even join the community, if all tunics cost $200 instead of $50? I started with the cheaper stuff (since I had my doubts about grown men playing dress-up), attended events, got thoroughly hooked - and then upgraded to the expensive stuff. It's always easier to justify a high price tag once you are hooked :P
"Klagt nicht - Kämpft!"
Moller

Post by Moller »

I have found this seller good, the chap above mentioned a bergmutze which might be from this guy, at $26USD for these M43s, they are a steal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-German-WH-E ... 4d187a4376
Halle

Post by Halle »

Yes , that's the same manufacturer as the Bergmutze mentioned by Funker50 - I have a Bergmutze from this guy too , it's easily the best on the market , so if his M43s are the same quality ...go for it :D
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
funker50

Post by funker50 »

talking of which I just received my 2 caps today.
Vorwärts und aufwärts!
Halle

Post by Halle »

funker50 wrote:talking of which I just received my 2 caps today.

Right , I'll get that T eagle of to you tomorrow , haven't got round to it yet ... :oops:
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
Viktor Kauer

Post by Viktor Kauer »

For caps I would always recommend GD43, makes them to order exactly as you want. Unrivalled quality!
Moller

Post by Moller »

Viktor Kauer wrote:For caps I would always recommend GD43, makes them to order exactly as you want. Unrivalled quality!
GD43 definitely make a good product, I have a M42 sidecap and its one of my faves. however, from China I would go with the seller mentioned on the link above. I would like to have a Bekkoame http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/ha/schmidt/ausland.html from Japan, but they seem hard work to deal with. Enjoy!

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”