Panther store parka.

Moderator: Feldjager

Otto41

Panther store parka.

Post by Otto41 »

I'm going to order a panther store splinter parka tomorrow. I looked at some of the pics on his site and the only thing that concerns me is that it appears the waist belt is made from splinter material, my understanding is that they are supposed to be made from a grey and white cloth? Can anyone give me more Info on his splinter parkas?
Also about how long does it usually take to get things from panther store?
-Thanks for any help guys!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (58.76 KiB) Viewed 6549 times
fieldgrey

Re: Panther store parka.

Post by fieldgrey »

Good question...im not sure.
but there are many other camo suit dealers out there....
if you check the pants set for these panther camos, youll find the way the camo braces are attached at the back is inaccurate.
i was tempted by their sumpf suits, but the fantasy braces on the trousers set said 'no'.
Imo, some otherwise fantastic firms have so little further to go to make a difference, so why having got the camo dead right do they then drive wide of getting the detailing correct. Check the trousers, check the braces...youll see what i mean.
Otto41

Post by Otto41 »

After you mentioned that about the trousers braces I noticed it too and thought to my self why? But then I found this and rememberd early pattern trousers have the backs attached if I'm not mistaken.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (44.17 KiB) Viewed 6497 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (187.06 KiB) Viewed 6497 times
otnes

Post by otnes »

Hello
They used both white and grey and white and Camo on the waist belt.
They used what they had at hand when making them. And you are right about the trouser braces, they are sewn in at the back on early winter uniforms. I think Panther Store do the white and grey belt if you ask them.
Regards Otnes
fieldgrey

Post by fieldgrey »

As i understand it then, the feature of correct early sewn in braces of the mouse grey first pattern camo suits is inaccurate as a feature in mid/late war sumpf camo combos.
fieldgrey

Post by fieldgrey »

But even if the sumpf camo pants werent supposed to have sewn in braces, id still rate Panther best for such suits...the sumpf print is delicious, and the tailoring, value and craft on such clothing is imo unbeatable.
otnes

Post by otnes »

The later trousers usuly have buttons, but you find late trousers that have the braces sewn in also. I have owned a pair of late war splint reversible winter trousers that had sewn in braces. There are no set rules on this, you find all kinds braces. I used to collect winter uniforms and there are may variations. But on the non reversible sumpf uniforms, i have not seen any with sewn in braces. But that does not meen that it it does not exsist.
otnes

Post by otnes »

One thing that i forgot to mention is that the early winter jackets does not have a tapered hood. It is hard to see on the picktures on the web page on the splint jacket, but i see that the sumpf jacket has the tapered Hood. This is correct for the sumpf jacket but not correct for the early splint jacket. The early ones also did not have reinforcements on the elbows.
Otto41

Post by Otto41 »

Good to know. I went ahead and ordered a splinter parka the other day. My only question now is why hasn't he billed my PayPal account yet? Does David wait to take payment till the product is done?
fieldgrey

Post by fieldgrey »

Otto41 wrote:Good to know. I went ahead and ordered a splinter parka the other day. My only question now is why hasn't he billed my PayPal account yet? Does David wait to take payment till the product is done?
My impression is hes a one man band and got lots to do. I think hell get round to it. Try a follow up email. I think youve chosen well though. His winter suits look v impressive.
Otto41

Post by Otto41 »

Just got my order confirmed and he said he will bill one week before shipping. About 4 weeks he said. I'm very excited about it!
Otto41

Post by Otto41 »

I Received my splinter parka from panther-store today. I'm very satisfied!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (179.58 KiB) Viewed 6076 times
Otto41

Post by Otto41 »

Pic.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (226.37 KiB) Viewed 6074 times
fieldgrey

Post by fieldgrey »

Wow looks fab!
Buttons on arms?
Hows the white side?
Otto41

Post by Otto41 »

White side is good aswell, I will take some better pics of both sides later. Sadly no buttons on arms but I will add them later. How does the camo print look to you? I compaird to some pics online or originals and it seems pretty good.

Next I will get trousers, I was thinking of buying sumpftarn trousers to have a mixed later war look.

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”