Richard Underwood boots

Moderator: Feldjager

warren007

Richard Underwood boots

Post by warren007 »

Hi I am considering a pair of these from Richard Underwood does anybody else use them they look good on the site but are they the right boots for the job
Attachments
385-36857_298x226.jpg
385-36857_298x226.jpg (7.49 KiB) Viewed 7944 times
Halle

Re: Richard Underwood boots

Post by Halle »

Contact Richard directly , ask him who made them - if they're from his Czech supplier , you can be sure they're some of the best .
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
mutabornomine

Post by mutabornomine »

RAU is doing different qualities at different prices.
I have a pair of his high quality low boots / late war / for lacing
and they are worth the money, in particular if I compare to my budget boots after a few shows.
Not 100% true to the originals, but you can sell them on ebay as originals if you have worn them out ; - )
Felix the Kraut
erikbozwo2

Post by erikbozwo2 »

Depends, these are the model from the old hero collection.

If they are from his czech supplier: opinions on the quality are mixed!
CDB taking it way too serious!
Halle

Post by Halle »

erikbozwo2 , what is wrong with the Czech suppliers boots ?
rsvpiper

Post by rsvpiper »

Halle wrote:Contact Richard directly , ask him who made them - if they're from his Czech supplier , you can be sure they're some of the best .
Worth a try but from recent experience 2 phone calls msg left x 2, email x 2 no answer. Just can't spend me money; -0
erikbozwo2

Post by erikbozwo2 »

A couple of guys in our unit (including me) had problems with the boots, non stitched soles. I believe these are now solved but be cautious.
CDB taking it way too serious!
Panzer Wittman

Post by Panzer Wittman »

Both myself and another guy in my unit, Das Reich have bought these boots from rich recently.
Great leather, nice sole and bloody appalling dye job!!!!!! Steer clear. Some sort of almost rubberised black coating over bright orange leather underneath. Really piss poor patchily painted on. The black is chipping and scraping off. Both of us have emailed - no reply.
first time I've had an issue with richs gear but it's a serious problem
grenadier Biermann

Post by grenadier Biermann »

Panzer Wittman wrote:Both myself and another guy in my unit, Das Reich have bought these boots from rich recently.
Great leather, nice sole and bloody appalling dye job!!!!!! Steer clear. Some sort of almost rubberised black coating over bright orange leather underneath. Really piss poor patchily painted on. The black is chipping and scraping off. Both of us have emailed - no reply.
first time I've had an issue with richs gear but it's a serious problem
So sorry lads to hear this but I'm not surprised :x Really really sad :cry: especially in reenactors community :!: I think it's time to stand up stop buying it and let them eat their own shit :twisted:
Burger Schlesien Bad-Darkau
rsvpiper

Post by rsvpiper »

Thats what you get
Panzer Wittman

Post by Panzer Wittman »

Exactly what mine look like, but mine also have lots of chips and scrapes from two events so look even worse.
If it proves possible to remove this stuff it may be possible to properly dye them, but it's stuck like paint so who knows
Halle

Post by Halle »

I'm really surprised at this ..... I can't believe RAU ( Quote " Being a reenactor myself ...." ) would let this obviously wholly inadequate product go out on general sale ! If I'd received anything like that , I'd go ballistic !! He's on holiday at the moment ( I think ) , but when he gets back , I will certainly draw his attention to this .
rsvpiper

Post by rsvpiper »

Halle wrote:I'm really surprised at this ..... I can't believe RAU ( Quote " Being a reenactor myself ...." ) would let this obviously wholly inadequate product go out on general sale ! If I'd received anything like that , I'd go ballistic !! He's on holiday at the moment ( I think ) , but when he gets back , I will certainly draw his attention to this .
Good luck I haven't had much luck. His postage is ott. charges £20 cost £11 ok add the bubble wrap and bag sat £2-3.
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

That finish is absolute shite. Embarassing.
erikbozwo2 wrote: Pyotr, please don't take any advice from peiper.
Steiner

Post by Steiner »

That looks like an "iron" dye, which does not properly cover glossy leather (can't think of the proper name). I did the same thing when I bought some undyed boots (not from RAU) and decided to dye them black. It is easily solved by buying a good black shoe dye - quicker and cheaper than trying to return them.
"Stop that!!! Careful with my J-J!"

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”