Eastern front rabbit fur uniform liners

Moderator: Feldjager

RZM

Eastern front rabbit fur uniform liners

Post by RZM »

Figured I'd share photos of my original Ost front uniform liner. This particular one was manufactured by One of Walther C. Többens factorys in Warsaw,Poland. Walther Többens was a German entrepreneur,who installed some textile and leather factorys in Warsaw in 1941. The factory workers were Jewish slave labor. He had ten thousand such workers at the end of 1942,and convinced his workers to avoid the Z.O.B. (Jewish resistance) and to continue to work in a camp outside of Lublin. In 1943 the Warsaw ghetto uprising took place and consequently Warsaw was leveled in reprisal. Többens ten thousand workers were ordered to be liquidated by the camp shortly after. They were forced to dig a trench and all were shot. This Liner was made by one of those workers.
Contstruction is machine stitched rabbit pelt,white canvas,Chord,and pressed paper Buttons.(note the short cut for use underneath a tunic) I appologise for the quality of these photos,but alas,photobucket is junk.
"Was ist das?"
"Ihr gefrorenesfleisch medaille. Rot,weiss und schwarz,fur blut,schnee und tod."

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”