Who makes a good M44 Uniform - ATF? Hiki Shop?

Moderator: Feldjager

checkit

Who makes a good M44 Uniform - ATF? Hiki Shop?

Post by checkit »

I see that At The Front is once again offering M44 Tunics, so was wondering if that was a good choice.

There are easily a dozen options out there in the $45-$135 range, and I have no idea which ones are pure crap versus passable versus pretty good.

Before I saw these listed on ATF's site, I was thinking about Hiki-Shop.
Fritz

Re: Who makes a good M44 Uniform - ATF? Hiki Shop?

Post by Fritz »

The M44 ATF offers is the STURM-repro. You can get it almost everywhere for small money. It is not total crap - but there are better jackets on the market. STURM has improved the cuffs, but it seems the jackets still have the chest darts.
Try to get a Pirschen / ANTZ repro. Not easy to find nowadays, but one of the best copies...
SplinterA

Post by SplinterA »

One of the better things Ant-Z made.
checkit

Post by checkit »

Thanks - I will keep an eye out for one. I have had ANT-Z's in the past (but not an M44) and have always been happy with the overall attention to detail. Was hoping that Hiki Shop or one of the other Chinese outfits was doing the same quality of work.
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

Richard Underwood is going to be doing M44's soon according to his website. Might be worth waiting to see how they turn out?
Fritz

Post by Fritz »

ZIB Militaria is also planning to produce their own M44s. I have seen some pics - they look promising...

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”