I want a better pair of Luftwaffe gaiters, any suggestions?

Moderator: Feldjager

Pyotr

I want a better pair of Luftwaffe gaiters, any suggestions?

Post by Pyotr »

what vender sells a great pair of Luftwaffe first type gaiter? I want blue grey/grey blue color, not the bright blue like the Swedish flag!
I also want only the three holes per tightening strap, though the leather can be natural, black or brown.
A vender who takes Paypal would be best.
I also like to buy if possible from a reenactor/small shop/home made type place rather than a huge company.

Peter
saddler

Re: I want a better pair of Luftwaffe gaiters, any suggestio

Post by saddler »

4 more holes per strap than the OP wished for - the Epic versions have 7 holes per strap - OP wanted 3 per strap.
Not a bad price, but not seen them in real life so not able to comment on build quality

THESE http://www.atthefrontshop.com/ProductDe ... e=gfagambr look more like it - but are $50 per set...then again, you get what you pay for...
mauser98

Post by mauser98 »

At the Front just started to offer repro Luftwaffe Breadbags that look great. Finally a correct color for Luftwaffe gear. I would hope that they are going to possibly make rucksacks and gamaschen. I've been using originals for years and none of the current repros come close. Hopefully ATF will make them.

Mauser98
Pyotr

Post by Pyotr »

I bought the ATF bag, and it matches very nicely the original one I was given years ago on a trip to Germany. Weave and colour good. (Original bag grey- blue, and the colours inside and out were the same, so I doubt it was badly faded)

Peter Mahler

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”