Props used in FURY

Moderator: Feldjager

Crazy Feldgendarme

Re: Props used in FURY

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Yeah and many were reserve divisions or guys transferred to the infantry from the Luftwaffe or Kriegsmarine towards the end of the if I have remembered correctly.
I think Geoffs comment was meant a little tongue in cheek however the fact is the Para,s and Marines ARE the high profile forces commited
if units are needed in an emergency situation, this so far as I can see is mainly because they are generally at a higher state of readiness than the average infantry unit (don't ask me why they just are it seems)
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

Dot was made for this that's like real
The smocks were mainly from sm wholesale with good mismatches etc

Apart from one or two ALL of the vehicles in this film are real
Panther, tiger 1,mk4 panzer, 251, 250, 8 ton, kkrad, pak 40s, pak 38, jagtpanzer 38t, schwimmer, kugel, bmw r75, 15cm, 88 flak, Opel blitz x2

I can't give any details but there is a large Wehrmacht part in this film but as all of you Wehrmacht types were surrendering and blaming everything on the waffen ss they do play the lets go and fight role

The soldiers in this film look very good and Richard underwood had a lot to do with that, I have been in a real tiger in waffen ss uniform, the tiger plays a fantastic part in this film and nothing you think you know about that tiger does it justice, I was the German military advisor for this film and I personally will get a credit on the titles and unless it's cut I have a speaking part but only a small one

David Ayer is a good bloke and knows a lot about ww2 and collects a lot of gear, Owen Thornton from the tv show combat cash also knows a lot and sourced a lot of the uniforms in the USA and the costume department was very good

I spent three and a half moths on set and have over 1000 photos that I might share when the film comes out, 30 blokes from the Sbg were involved and play a large part in the film

There was a time during this when I had 250 plus blokes all in waffen ss uniform at the same time in the same place some people said we looked terrifying! I took that as a compliment

What ever you think you know of this film. You don't

It will be different and I had a fantastic time
Crazy Feldgendarme

Thanks Kit Kat I coundnt think of a better guy to advise on the German side of things than you
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Zschakel

Post by Zschakel »

peiper1944 wrote: From your photos of yourself Mr Zschakel I thought you
portrayed SS ??
As for the film featuring SS troops maybe you should all
ask Mr Pitt why he chose to feature them in his new film
as he was one of the Producers as far as I know :-)
Oops, that came out funny :P I meant that that was what made UMUV so good and different. I have no problem with films using a large amount of SS in them but sometimes I can't help but feel that it's done just for the sake of it (Not saying that 'Fury' is such a film, I know nothing of the storyline).

Super looking forward to this film, it's been a while since anything WWIIish has been about :D From what I've seen/heard, I can't wait.
Kriegsberichter und Felddrucker der Wehrmacht
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

Thanks very much!

Gents if you look at the black and white photo on that link of the blokes marching they are ALL Wehrmacht and Feild division blokes there are no waffen ss in that bit lol
Halle

Post by Halle »

Sure it'll be a great film , thoroughly looking forward to it ... Nice to know " some of our own " have been very involved in it too .. :D
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
A.Weiss

Post by A.Weiss »

Interesting that may appear camo leibermuster, single movie that used this pattern was Tankova brigada.

A.Weiß
Sean

Post by Sean »

David ayers posted a series of test shots on twitter, one extra was wearing a leibermuster tunic, weather it was used in the film I don't know
'Gott Mitt Uns' - Yeah mate, got mittens too
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

Leiber is there but you will need to look and only on Wehrmacht

The waffen ss wear all different uniforms
Halle

Post by Halle »

All , sadly , very secretive - I've no idea what you're all on about .. :roll:
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
A.Weiss

Post by A.Weiss »

Sean wrote:David ayers posted a series of test shots on twitter, one extra was wearing a leibermuster tunic, weather it was used in the film I don't know
Looks like it was used test scene,and who was probably provided Richard Underwood. :?

https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/sta ... 76/photo/1

A.Weiß
Crazy Feldgendarme

Ok guys I have cleaned this up, thanks to the two folk on here for not letting it get out of hand which it could so easily have done.

Cheers

Dave

GeFoPo
LHistorian

Post by LHistorian »

Looks like a spot on movie! when is it due to release? for sure would like to see it, as well when they sell the props too :wink: :wink: :lol:
die Wille Gottes wird nie nehmen Sie, wo die Gnade Gottes wird Sie nicht schützen.
~~~~~~
Put a German soldier into a box. Close it as tight as you can.

Write on it´s top the warning: " DO NOT OPEN! ONLY IN CASE OF WAR!"
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

when i spoke to RAU he said the film was due for release in November, anyone confirm this please
graham
SplinterA

Post by SplinterA »

Props are being sold now?
RAU and other dealers had stuff on their stalls at Stoneleigh.

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”