New smw dot 44

Moderator: Feldjager

A.Weiss

New smw dot 44

Post by A.Weiss »

fieldgrey

Re: New smw dot 44

Post by fieldgrey »

nice fabric but seems like only four colours...unfortunate as the original dot had five...
SplinterA

Post by SplinterA »

There are 5 colours if you look closely.
S.Wilhelm

Post by S.Wilhelm »

Hi there, I`ve risk myself ordering one of these new sets. As always communication is not the best, questions are answered quite badly (when answered) for the price you pay.

My question is If the sizes of SWM are bigger or just the normal ones? I`m quite thin so I ordered a size 36 but I`m worried about If this one would fit me ok! I asked about the sizes of the sleeves
and they answered me about 34", which is something enormous for a 36 Size...
Schütze Siegfried W. Inselmann
1. / SS-Inf.Ers.Btl. Deutschland
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

Hi, in my experience of SMW I order one size up for the tunics as I have found they come a little tight. The trousers seem about right though.
Heini Leitner

Post by Heini Leitner »

S.Wilhelm wrote:Hi there, I`ve risk myself ordering one of these new sets. As always communication is not the best, questions are answered quite badly (when answered) for the price you pay.

My question is If the sizes of SWM are bigger or just the normal ones? I`m quite thin so I ordered a size 36 but I`m worried about If this one would fit me ok! I asked about the sizes of the sleeves
and they answered me about 34", which is something enormous for a 36 Size...
Hi, did you get this set already? Could you put some pictures here? Are you satisfied with it?
daveydachs

Post by daveydachs »

Obviously I didn't see these suits while I wasn't on the "Fury" set, but if these aren't the suits I didn't see, they wouldn't look; to quote a famous military advisor I've never met, "like real" :wink:
Yours,
Asquith Crunch, mudskipper (ret'd)
daveydachs

Post by daveydachs »

"Fury" suit turned up today from SMW. Here are some quick comparison pics (with and without flash)
Left to right:- VERY old SM jacket, "real" material, new "Fury" jacket.
There are 5 colours on the fury jacket, but the 2 different light green dots are very very similar to each other
I ordered my normal sizes and they fit fine - ie I am a 40 chest and ordered a 40 jacket - fit is fine.
The jacket in the middle is a different type of dot to the others, but it's all the dot pattern I've got
Attachments
compressdot.jpg
compressdot.jpg (143.24 KiB) Viewed 5737 times
compresseddotflash.jpg
compresseddotflash.jpg (172.66 KiB) Viewed 5737 times
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

unfortunately the camera don't do it justice
S.Wilhelm

Post by S.Wilhelm »

I finally received the wrong size, I ordered the 36 and got a 38 but Its just fine as this one fits me perfect! Pretty happy with the set but can`t say the same about the service.

As daveydachs says two of the green tones are very similar, you don`t see the same clear difference of greens like in their regular dot44.
Schütze Siegfried W. Inselmann
1. / SS-Inf.Ers.Btl. Deutschland

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”