Original SS insignia

Moderator: Feldjager

Edwards5851

Original SS insignia

Post by Edwards5851 »

Hi guys, I was at a Flöhmarkt today in Germany and a guy had a wooden box with SS insignia in it for €350, how much is the following worth each?

SS Oberscharfuhrer collar tabs
Langemark Bevo cuff title
SS arm eagle
Sturmann/ Gefreiter chevron

I also bought a general assault badge in silver for €85 and two scraps of original pea dot and
A strip of No.5 plane tree Zeltbahn with the No.5 on it for €5.

Cheers

Joel

Cheers
erikbozwo2

Re: Original SS insignia

Post by erikbozwo2 »

Given the price you paid I give you a very small chance that they are original, I assume this from the following:

- You don't know the value of these pieces if original, that's why you are asking,
- I doubt if you can tell originals from reproductions
- In germany it is forbidden to show such items publically, so why would someone that doesn't know anything about these items sell these in a flea market? Let alone for 350 euro for a bunch of insignia.
- The items you describe, if original, fetch way more then the money you spent. So a collector that needs to get rid of some original stuff would not have taken the right bet to sell them at a fleamarket.
- I think it is just a collector that has some repro stuff he is trying to sell as being original.

The last items you mentioned are priced in a "normal" fashion, and aren't that rare. I'd think they are original.

But lets see some photo's before we put some value on it. A set of original collartabs could go up to 1000 euro's.
CDB taking it way too serious!
Edwards5851

Post by Edwards5851 »

Thanks for the info there mate!
I didn't buy them off him, I tried knocking him down to €200 but he wouldn't.
I was a bit sceptical of them as I know SS stuff is never that cheap.
I took a gamble and bought an assault badge that turned out to be repro but a bag of camo scraps I got off him was original. I think ill take a miss and not get the insignia off him coz its probably too good to be true

Regards

Joel
christiandbn

Post by christiandbn »

I think a few detaield shots of front and back would help a bit to get a more concrete answers.
The fighter must seek battle in the air. Luftwaffe Supplies
Edwards5851

Post by Edwards5851 »

Yeah I wish I had taken pics, like I said he was quite secretive about them as they're obviously not allowed lol I do remember seeing an RZM sticker on the back of the collar tab.
If I go down again ill try taking some pics

Joel

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”