Officer in Lowboots/Keilhose?

Moderator: Feldjager

m1steelpot

Officer in Lowboots/Keilhose?

Post by m1steelpot »

All,

I was due to have a Trikot Offiziersbluse ready in time for a big event in 4 days. However, I got boned hard due to circumstance and it won't be ready.

That forces me to wear my original Nachrichten Oberleutnant bluse, much to my chagrin. Thing is, I only have Trikot/whipcord breeches. IMO this looks stupid, just doesn't fit the aesthetic I am trying to create.

SO, I'm forcing myself to wear my enlisted Keilhose with lowboots as the wool just looks better. I imagine the wooly bluse to be more of a "field" uniform anyway.

Does this make sense? Or should I just wear the whipcord breeches and be done with it? I know I'm making arbitrary decisions here that may or may not be correct according to the historical record, but I am trying to create a "look" more than anything.

Here I am in the original bluse w/whipcord breeches. Apologies for the setting, I live alone in an 18th century house, only full length mirror is in my bathroom.

Also, repro makers don't make an Offz. belt small enough for me, I need the leatherwork guy at the event to cut mine down. Until then, EM belt.

What should I do?
STEIGE AUS DEM BETT, DREH' DEN SWAG AUFFFFFF
Brigardefuhrer

Re: Officer in Lowboots/Keilhose?

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

The uniform is fine,many officers used o/r tunics in the field and the breeches do not have to match.Its also possible to use o/r belt in the field,there was an order regarding officer belts to be dyed black and if not possible to use o/r belt.John.
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
Halle

Post by Halle »

Brigadefuhrer is right , your uniform looks good to me , the kielhose and low boots would look wrong . Though I imagine there were circumstances when it happened , as you say , you're going for a "look".

Enjoy the event :D
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

This looks excellent, I'd go with this and just be very careful not to ruin the uniform.

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”