Best Tunic on the mart.. on a budget..

Moderator: Feldjager

POA1944

Re: Best Tunic on the mart.. on a budget..

Post by POA1944 »

Well that's great.....But I will say."SOME" of strums tunics are alright.My M40 I posted here is a sturm i believe and it's pretty good.The person that had it before me had it tailored so it fits right,Good color wool,Correct cotton twill lining in correct Heer pattern...Just working on getting a new insignia set for it.
In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine.
-Erwin Rommel

Grenadier Erich Kessler

Sta.Kp.Gren.Ers.Btl.199

II./984. Grenadier Regiment 275. Infanterie
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

I have a Sturm M44, and the wool(rather wool and polyester blend) is absolute turd, as well as being the wrong colour. I agree that taking tunics to a tailor is a good idea, but sadly it doesn't overcome that some of these budget tunics are made of materials that are just plain wrong, or far far too thin.

I'm a beleiver in you get what you pay for. I was lucky enough to get one of the SS M42 tunics from the old 'On The March' stock that ATF had from when Virginia worked with them.
erikbozwo2 wrote: Pyotr, please don't take any advice from peiper.
Steiner

Post by Steiner »

Not trying to pick a fight, but does anybody have an original M44? By that stage of the war, the quality would have been awful, containing little wool, so perhaps your Sturm one is realistic? What was wrong with the colour, out of interest?
"Stop that!!! Careful with my J-J!"
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Steiner wrote:Not trying to pick a fight, but does anybody have an original M44? By that stage of the war, the quality would have been awful, containing little wool, so perhaps your Sturm one is realistic? What was wrong with the colour, out of interest?
Quite a good point Steiner, its funny these few people who have complained about Sturm
tunics, they must be a different batch to the couple i have had because the ones i had
were made of thick wool and yes inside was a paper label saying 100% wool, so maybe these
people are buying different tunics and THINK they are Sturm because from the sound of it
they are not the same, also the M44 tunic i didn't know Sturm did these are you sure it
is a Sturm tunic ??

I agree with the term "you get what you pay for" and yes i have expensive tunics for parade
purposes etc, a couple of Polish made tunics i bought from Rau, he doesnt do them anymore
but these were quite expensive and i use these for best but iam quite happy to use the £80
Sturm tunic to roll around in the mud as a combat tunic, i refuse to spend any more than that
on a combat tunic to be honest which is going to be knocked about, £80 is quite a reasonable
price for a middle of the road tunic imho which is made of thick wool cloth, well cut and basically
identical in colour and finish to the original, if people want to spend £200 plus on a repro combat
tunic that is going to get trashed that is up to them!!
Good luck, Peiper :wink:
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

Complete bollocks as usual.
Gliderinf / Luftlande
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Gliderinf wrote:Complete bollocks as usual.
Heh heh...you want to spend £200plus on a repro tunic to roll around in the mud Gliderinf
you must have more money than sense lol

The thread is called "BEST TUNIC ON THE MART...ON A BUDGET" incase you missed that !!
.....so prey where am i talking bollocks Gliderinf ??

Have a nice day now :wink:
Last edited by Peiper on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sturmgeist

Post by Sturmgeist »

What are you, twelve?
Brendan
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Sturmgeist wrote:What are you, twelve?
Here we go.......please lets get back to the thread,
im not going to get dragged into another bun fight
where i will get the blame.....thank you :wink:
Regards Peiper
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

well thats the problem - you are to blame - but seem to keep escaping it ?
Gliderinf / Luftlande
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Gliderinf wrote:well thats the problem - you are to blame - but seem to keep escaping it ?
Tell you Gliderinf come and see me at one of the events....i will be only too happy to continue
this "debate"
Have a nice day :wink:
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

Peiper wrote:
Gliderinf wrote:well thats the problem - you are to blame - but seem to keep escaping it ?
Tell you Gliderinf come and see me at one of the events....i will be only too happy to continue
this "debate"
Have a nice day :wink:

right i now see this as a personaly threat
to which the mods are not going to put up with ..........peipes take this as a personal warning any more and i will seek youre permanant expulsion from this forum
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
POA1944

Post by POA1944 »

I must agree with Steiner.I have seen one original M44 feldbluse,and the wool wasn't that good at all.So since some of sturms wool isn't that good.It shouldn't be a huge deal if you got a M43 or M44 feldbluse.Overall.In my personal honest opinion.Gavin Militaria's german feldblusen is the best out there on a budget.
In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine.
-Erwin Rommel

Grenadier Erich Kessler

Sta.Kp.Gren.Ers.Btl.199

II./984. Grenadier Regiment 275. Infanterie
Steiner

Post by Steiner »

POA1944 wrote:I must agree with Steiner.I have seen one original M44 feldbluse,and the wool wasn't that good at all.So since some of sturms wool isn't that good.It shouldn't be a huge deal if you got a M43 or M44 feldbluse.Overall.In my personal honest opinion.Gavin Militaria's german feldblusen is the best out there on a budget.
I have had tunics from Spearhead, Chen, RAU (Sturm), Militaria-net and Gavin, and the Gavin one is the best quality. Chen's one came a close second, but I felt it was a little too minty green (it was an M36). That's just my opinion, but I might be wrong.
"Stop that!!! Careful with my J-J!"
Mooyman

Post by Mooyman »

Steiner wrote:
I have had tunics from Spearhead, Chen, RAU (Sturm), Militaria-net and Gavin, and the Gavin one is the best quality. Chen's one came a close second, but I felt it was a little too minty green (it was an M36). That's just my opinion, but I might be wrong.

you are right.
They were too minty green,remember we discussed that in the past.
For the best tunic on the market on a budget all directions points to Gavin.

The best repro is an original...
mutabornomine

Post by mutabornomine »

I am looking for a NICE tunic now, not a budget one! (the budget one is fine for a few more battles)
Where can I get a really good quality tunic? And what is the price range?

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”