anyone buy from ww2sale.com?

Moderator: Feldjager

grieffenberg

anyone buy from ww2sale.com?

Post by grieffenberg »

I was looking on there website and the prices are not to bad, just wondering about authenticity and quality?

cheers
Dieter
Brigardefuhrer

Re: anyone buy from ww2sale.com?

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

RUN,run away and don't look back!.Do a search on here,they use other firms photo's,so what you see,might not be what you get.John
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
grieffenberg

Post by grieffenberg »

not what i wanted to here, but I will defanatly look else where
Obersalzberg

Post by Obersalzberg »

I dont agree....heres a F.Marshall kleinerock they made for me...orders original, insignia, historicalmilitaria. Just waiting for antique finish shoulder boards.
Attachments
IMAG0854.jpg
IMAG0854.jpg (78.72 KiB) Viewed 11142 times
Mooyman

Post by Mooyman »

Brigardefuhrer wrote:RUN,run away and don't look back!....
These are the right words sir.
Respected dealers don't steal images :!:

The best repro is an original...
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

Obersalzberg wrote:I dont agree....heres a F.Marshall kleinerock they made for me...orders original, insignia, historicalmilitaria. Just waiting for antique finish shoulder boards.
Well you may have been lucky,on Axis history forum,one customer ordered an Italian field grey tunic,what he got was stone grey,no acknowledgement that a mistake had been made,no exchange or refund.This is not the only incident,but there does not seem to be more positive feedback on other forums.
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
grieffenberg

Post by grieffenberg »

I was only looking there as they seemed a little more affordable then some of the stores, that being said I would prefer to get exactly what I ordered. Any suggestions for an alternative that is on the cheaper side?
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Wrong hobby to be doing on the cheap.
Usually cheap kit is cheap for a reason.
Do you intend to re-enact or play at dressing up?
You can't do the first on the cheap.
grieffenberg

Post by grieffenberg »

cheap was probably the wrong word to use, affordable is probably a much better word. And I understand to coasts associated with reenactment as I do 14th century reenactment all ready :lol: , I was just wondering what the better of the cheaper options are to start out. Sorry stigroadie if I got your intentions wrong, but I basicly take it as if I cant afford to drop massive amounts of money than I should not bother, is that the jest of what you are saying? the main reason I am asking about cheaper options is one if I have to order from the uk the exchange rate alone will be alot not to mention shiping. sorry to be a bit of a dick about this, but your reply was neither welcoming or helpful. I am perfectly willing to drop 5-600$cdn on uniform, but as i stated with exchange rate that becomes a little harder.
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

What is it you are looking to buy?
There are USA based sellers that might be easier for you?
There are China, far east makers that do good stuff but you need to tailor your purchase to your needs. For example, Gavin Militaria cut their tunics on the slim side, if you are a little, or a lot, tubby you will need to have them tailor in more room at the stomach area.
Use the search function on the forum it will turn up all kinds of reviews and opinions. Most questions asked by newcomers have been asked before.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Hi Grieffenberg
I must admit i agree with Stig on this one, not just the fact of "trying to do the hobby on the cheap"
but in the long run you will SAVE money by buying the correct but more expensive stuff ONCE rather
than having to replace a cheap item in the near future with something better quality, hope no offence
is taken but believe me or not you will thank us for telling you this !!!!

I made mistakes when first starting out (and still do sometimes), nobody is perfect, but one thing i have
learnt is "steer clear of the cheap crap" lol, you think that buying a cheaper equilivent doesnt matter but
believe me it does and you regret it afterwards believe me, the quality items are more expensive simply
because they are better quality and more authentic and closer to the real thing !!!

What you probably haven't learnt yet but you will when the "bug" gets you, re-enactors constantly strive
towards getting their portrayals as close to the real thing as they possibly can, especially WW2 German re-
enactors, and in some cases wear orig items if possible or if no closer repro item is availible, infact in my
load-out there are a few original items, the only items which are not are the uniforms because i cannot get
the size to fit lol

Basicaly view it as a new project, rather than buying all the gear at once (the cheaper versions) try
buying a bit at a time (better quality) until you get the complete load out like me and others have, but
start off with the basic items first such as necessities eg tunic/trousers and boots etc then build on it
to create a better impression with personal gear and the like, it has taken me 5 years to complete my
main SS portrayal that iam happy with, and that includes everything, all equipment, personal gear etc,
you can't just do it overnight (unless you are rich lol), it takes time !!!

Anyway if you are in the US try SM-Wholesalers, they are an American company (so no import tax etc),
they do some quality gear and are rated to be one of the best, i have used them, they have some of the
best and most authentic camo gear that is available on the market, good luck :wink:

Regards Pipes
FschJg_Heilmann

Post by FschJg_Heilmann »

I bought a M43 tunic from WW2Sale and everything was fine! They even threw in the shoulder boards when I didn't order them. Don't know if it was a mistake or not, but I am very happy with my tunic. Maybe its like any other place, a few mess ups or accidents. I'm not taking sides or anything but I will give them the benefit of doubt.
feuerwerker

Post by feuerwerker »

I just ordered a pair of Stone Gray Breeches and Straight Leg Trousers and have to say, "You get what you pay for".

As soon as I put the breeches on the buttons started falling off. The rear seam in the seat was not sewn tight. I pulled a thread and immediately opened a 2 inch hole in the rear seam.

As for the trousers....... the button hole at the waist had not been installed. The button was there....... but there was no button hole. The Fly button holes had been sewn in by machine, but were not opened. The belt loops were loose and with a simple tug, pulled free at the bottom.

Customer Service advised me to "Take a Pair a pair of Scissors and open them myself, or take them to a local Tailor". Luckily for me, I have the ability to sew.

The only good things I have to say is that the color was nice and the fit was right.

The ultimate irony is that you can have your NSDAP Political Leaders Uniform, SS Tuxedo or Waffen SS Service Uniform made for you by "happy and smiling" workers in.......... The People's Republic of China.
Major von Kluge

Post by Major von Kluge »

I bought a Luftwaffe officers trousers that was OK, but the cut of their Luftwaffe tuchrock was wrong. The lapels were cut in the Bundeswehr post-war style. A lot of their stuff is ever so slightly wrong in cut and detail. I have no evidence of them using other peoples photos though.

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”