Re: Best M43 tunic

Post by Peiper »

The best quality tunic i have seen and owned (for the price) was the M43
by Sturm, Militaria Net are doing this for £75, it is very well made and quite
heavy, correct colour and quality material compared to most other tunics out
there (incl SMW)

Unfortunately this is in the "Wehrmacht style cut" so i cannot wear mine
with my SS portrayal but i recommend it for WH impressions, i haven't
seen one better at this price !! (see below)
M43 Sturm tunic.jpg
M43 Sturm tunic.jpg (25.4 KiB) Viewed 4262 times
Ropes

Post by Ropes »

I dont want best bang for buck that will do. I want somthing thats actually decent.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Ropes wrote:I dont want best bang for buck that will do. I want somthing thats actually decent.
Its not "bang for buck" as you put it mate, this is as good as the ones RAU used to knock out and SMW's,
but as you wish mate, im just trying to help :roll:
Ropes

Post by Ropes »

Im not Convinced Sturm are as good as the hero collection or smw ones. Each to there own though.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Ropes wrote:Im not Convinced Sturm are as good as the hero collection or smw ones. Each to there own though.
No probs mate, good luck :wink:
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Ropes wrote:Im not Convinced Sturm are as good as the hero collection or smw ones. Each to there own though.
I used to agree with that Ropes, my opinion of Sturm was mediocre/average at best, especially their M36
tunic which has a stupid short collar which doesn't fold down properly, but this batch of M43's they have
done seem different, the cut is more accurate and the material is much better quality, infact imho the
material is too good for an M43 tbh as most M43's (originals) i have seen have poor quality/thin, poorly
woven material, anyway just some thoughts on the subject which i think i should share.

I should add that i have a number of repro tunics which have come from a variety of suppliers and also
an original tunic and have compared them all and imho the material of this repro M43 is the closest and
better quality, but basicaly the choice is down to the individual, but just because of paying a high price
for a repro item whatever it is does not always mean you are getting the best, i found out that the hard
way :(

Anyway good luck with your project
Ropes

Post by Ropes »

From what I remember they were to long in the mid section thus the pockets sat to low and didnt taper in enough around the middle . Perhaps they have changed now. I havent really taken Notice of such things for around 2 years. Is this still the case?
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Ropes wrote:From what I remember they were to long in the mid section thus the pockets sat to low and didnt taper in enough around the middle . Perhaps they have changed now. I havent really taken Notice of such things for around 2 years. Is this still the case?
These ones seem too, i did buy one last year for a WH portrayal i was putting together,
then again iam no expert, i compare the repro items to originals i have in my collection
then go from there but the material on these is much better than before !!

Maybe to get an exact fit they should be tailored to an individuals personal taste/fit as the
sizing on these (and most other repro's) comes as standard which used to happen with originals,
no one is the same size or shape and tunics would be altered
Ropes

Post by Ropes »

All repro tunics even the shit ones come in various standard sizes just like originals did. It was the cut of there tunic that was wrong. I cant remember 100% every issue as it was an old discussion many years ago but I remember the general consensus was the middle of the tunic was to long and also didnt taper in enough. There wool was always pretty good though from what I remember. I may attempt to try and get a Chen 43 from somwhere and go with Sturm 43 trousers as I remember they were Good.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Fair enough mate at the end of the day it is your own choice no matter what people
put on here, i just thought i would explain my own particular choice.

As i said what fits one may not fit another, as iam 6ft 3" mine fits like a glove and all
pockets etc are in the right proportion, but what looks a good fit on me may not on some-
body else who may be smaller for instance, anyway pity you have left re-enactment, im still
here for my sins lol and don't plan to go anywhere just yet !!!!

Anyway good luck with your future projects (if any) :)
Konzert-Meister

Post by Konzert-Meister »

Hey,

Sturm and 'Gavin Militaria' M43's are the best standard. The Texled ones were the best ever made, Janke's not too bad and I didnt rate the Heroes one (ive just sold it).

Im wearing a Sturm M43 'set' and the Unteroffizier and the other lad a Gavin Militaria M43 'set'.

The tunic was shortened in the sleeve and skirt, back taken in, collar stiffened, buttons changed and good insignia applied.
Attachments
DSC00328 (640x480).jpg
DSC00328 (640x480).jpg (180.92 KiB) Viewed 4177 times
J.Klinsmann

Post by J.Klinsmann »

I own a Texled M43 Uniform

Im sad to hear that ATF have stopped production, Initialy through my lack of knowledge I wrongly criticised it, but it is by far the best out there and I love wearing it, yes I suppose they are expensive but I bought mine soley for parade and not for combat, the expense wasnt the concern it was quality and thats what I got by the bucket load, If Virginia has moved on from ATF I hope she starts business on her own again making her beautiful uniforms they took a long time to make but when you got them they were fantastic.

I use Sturm and Northern Militaria for battle uniforms.

All the best Guys enjoy the season
3Kp 1st SS PZ Div Second Battle Group

A.Weiss

Post by A.Weiss »

She's back! :)

http://www.onthemarch.co/

A.Weiß
Ropes

Post by Ropes »

A.Weiss wrote:She's back! :)

http://www.onthemarch.co/

A.Weiß

Thats nice to know. Perhaps ill have some cash availible when here "Window of oppertunity" is open :)

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”