K98 Ammo Pouches

Y Straps Black Leather

8mm Blanks=200

Order Total=£1,104.27 :(

if i am missing things please tell me.

Thanks Ben (Smeegle)
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

what do you need blanks for, you've got a de-act rifle and your too young to hire one :?:
JRA site http://www.japanesereenacting.co.uk/

New Japanese reenactors forum

http://s13.invisionfree.com/IJA_Reenacting/

''i think the phrase ryhmes with clucking bell''
BDMhistorian

Post by BDMhistorian »

You're missing something very important from your list: SOURCES. To be a re-enactor does not mean you go online and buy a bundle of gear. It means you love history, understand history, and have done a lot of research. I'd invest money in books before investing money in kit. IMHO.

And please learn how to spell terms correctly, especially German terms like Zeltbahn and Splinter camo lest you look completely clueless. It also helps spelling re-enactor correctly if you want to be one.
Shergar

ben

Post by Shergar »

hi ben i would suggest youdo hilter youth and get a panzerfaust as your too young for to be a regular soldier , and align yourself to a group but firstly get your parents permission as you are a minor , we keep coming back to this point you have to involve your parents here or you will not be permitted to join a group or take part in anything ,
im not trying to be negative here but get your parents on board here so they are informed off what you want to do and can support your decisions
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

missed off gaiters if you are going to wear ankle boots
jimmyvonk

Post by jimmyvonk »

Being so young and most events being set late war (Normandy etc) you may also want to go for a later war uniform, M44 style jacket and later tie bottom trousers (they fit better in ankle boots), as you'll be 16 to start with when your portraying 1944 that would have made you 10 when you were likely to be issued your 36 pattern jacket.... unlikely. ;)

You need to think of your charicter and think 'What would they have been wearing?'

Also, always best to joing a group first, as they usually supply you with a list of required kit, in a sensible order of purchase. You don't want to buy stuff till you need to or buy things unsuitible for the group your joining.

Also, I would concur with my equine friend Shergar in that if you can get parental permision it may be worth reeancting HJ till your old enough to do WH/SS/LW/KM - it's a good way to get the hang of the reenacting environment - and will settle you into a group.
SS UntSch. Karl Schneider.
1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte AH - SBG
mark_palmer17

Post by mark_palmer17 »

More to the point Tanaka, why would he need 8mm blanks?

wouldn't get far with a K98 with 8mm, but like you say clearly not old enough for a live one, nor responsible enough I'd say,

Also if you're buying tunics you'd be too young to have been issued with an M36?
Dietmar

Post by Dietmar »

As Shergar says - join a bleedin' group first! They will help you and prevent you from buying anything you don't need.
You won't be taken seriously as an individual if you start out on your own and you won't be allowed anywhere near a battlefield.

As to the ammo, I don't know if he's making the distinction between pistol 8mm and Mauser 8mm (7.92), but it does seem rather pointless to be thinking about ammo before having anything to use it in.
Oh, to be young again!
Last edited by Dietmar on Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
LAH650

Post by LAH650 »

First of all:

Join a group:

Why?

Because then you will know your unit, know the time frame that you will re-enact, be given a role in the unit.

All these thins have a bearing on kit etc...

Do you wish to join a group that does

a. FJR
b. WSS
c. Heer
d. Panzer
e. Feldgendarmerie
f. Luftwaffe
g. DAK

All have different requirements, all have similar but different kit, what is correct for one is wrong for another, ok you tell us you have a bundle in the bank, well if you just open the SoF catalogue and roll yourself over the pages your bundle will soon be gone, and you will have a mountain of kit that is of very little use…
ss-commander smeders

Post by ss-commander smeders »

LAH650 wrote:First of all:

Join a group:

Why?

Because then you will know your unit, know the time frame that you will re-enact, be given a role in the unit.

a. FJR
b. WSS
c. Heer
d. Panzer
e. Feldgendarmerie
f. Luftwaffe
g. DAK

All have different requirements, all have similar but different kit, what is correct for one is wrong for another, ok you tell us you have a bundle in the bank, well if you just open the SoF catalogue and roll yourself over the pages your bundle will soon be gone, and you will have a mountain of kit that is of very little use…
Hi i am wanting to do Heer.
LAH650

Post by LAH650 »

Right Army: 8)

Ok...

Western Front
Eastern Front
Med
Afrika

:?:

Early war
Mid war
Late war

Infantry
PanzerGrenadier
Armoured
Etc…

Again all have different regs….

And the most important thing…

Ok your are 13… yes?

No group will have you on their books in an active role until you are 17 – 18 right…

so what size Fcuking uniform will you need, what size boots, helmet....... need I go on…

Get a grip…
Last edited by LAH650 on Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feldjager

Post by Feldjager »

ss-commander smeders wrote:

Join a group:

Why?

a. FJR
b. WSS
c. Heer
d. Panzer
e. Feldgendarmerie
f. Luftwaffe
g. DAK

Now find a group and find out what their uniform requirements are - some don't allow M44 tunics, some don't allow M36 tunics. There are plenty of Heer groups on here, make contact and find out what they do and want from their members. If you go buying kit left, right and centre then you may find out that some of it is useless or postwar. If you're not 100% sure what you're doing then seek advice from someone who does - there could be a better or cheaper source for some items.
Feldgendarmerie Trupp 82 - http://www.feldgendarmerie.co.uk
Panzer Nachrichten Abt. 38 - http://www.funker.co.uk
Hauptverbandplatz 82 - http://www.hvp82.co.uk

LHA members
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

Join a group:

Why?

a. FJR
b. WSS
c. Heer
d. Panzer
e. Feldgendarmerie
f. Luftwaffe
g. DAK

thank **** for that :lol:

like others have said join a group but your age will be against you too young most groups only accept members 17 years old +
LAH650

Post by LAH650 »

Jon Das Reich wrote:

Join a group:

Why?

a. FJR
b. WSS
c. Heer
d. Panzer
e. Feldgendarmerie
f. Luftwaffe
g. DAK

like others have said join a group but your age will be against you too young most groups only accept members 17 years old +
Why Jon...

Is there not a place for him within a fine unit such as yours

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gott Mit Uns

Post by Gott Mit Uns »

Jon Das Reich wrote:

Join a group:

Why?

a. FJR
b. WSS
c. Heer
d. Panzer
e. Feldgendarmerie
f. Luftwaffe
g. DAK

Its like groundhog day....I'm getting dejarvous :lol:
Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”