www.hessenantique.com

Moderator: Feldjager

sapper44

Re: www.hessenantique.com

Post by sapper44 »

Leather panzer wrap? I have never seen or read about one made in leather, some SS guys got a hold of some U-Boat leathers, but they were in gray and looked nothing like a panzer wrap. It would be interesting to see if there are any photos of leather panzer wraps in period pictures.
"Peace is an extension of war by political means."
- Robert Heinlein
Halle

Post by Halle »

With an orange rayon lining :shock:
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

These leather 'panzer wraps' were made for KM,some may of been used by panzer crews and there is a NSKK version,but they were not common check out Wehrmacht awards.com a search turned up these pics.John
PICT0473.jpg
PICT0473.jpg (138.77 KiB) Viewed 3579 times
Rossman%20I.JPG
Rossman%20I.JPG (75.72 KiB) Viewed 3579 times
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
RZM

Post by RZM »

From what I understand they were private purchaces by officers..it was advertised as a U boat panzerwrap style jacket. Its incredibly well made and looks sharp. The wool tunics are short cut,and the leather ones are long..which would make sense for an officer standing in a turret..real leather panzer wraps are exceedingly rare from everything ive read about them. Once im able to post photos i will,or you can check it out here.
http://www.historybunkerltd.com
Or at
http://www.achtungblitzkrieg.com
Both jackets are the same.
My jacket looks exactly like the ones the soldats are wearing in the second picture. Where as they were private purchaces,i doubt any of them were RZM issue but i could be wrong. The picture of the man in the first photo has zipper pockets..so either a diffrent jacket or variation. Mine has no outside pockets,and one inner zipper pocket in the liner. These jackets were highly sought after by officers. In my opinion,and im sure many officers,the panzer wrap leathers were very appealing to the eye. Prized by those who owned them. As to what units officers were allowes this style im not 100% certain. Surely panzer units. Possibly some artillery and flak gun units. (panzer wrap gunner jackets ect.
I searched for 20 years for a good repro. I can assure you. Everything else,by every other company claiming authentic leather panzer wraps,ist wertlos sheiss! Lol. History bunker ltd nailed it. My jacket looks exactly like the leathers in the 2nd photo.
"Was ist das?"
"Ihr gefrorenesfleisch medaille. Rot,weiss und schwarz,fur blut,schnee und tod."
RZM

Post by RZM »

P.s. thank you for the photos Brigardfuhrer! I was unsure as to what belt went with the leather Panzerwrap! Fantastic,i know one of my next purchaces :)
The other interesting note on the 2nd photo is no collar tabs or sleeve eagle...(unless you just cant see the collar tabs due to the grainy nature of the photo)
"Was ist das?"
"Ihr gefrorenesfleisch medaille. Rot,weiss und schwarz,fur blut,schnee und tod."
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

Epic militaria stock these jackets for £134.95 +pp(no shoulder boards).If you check out WAF these jackets were made for U boat and E (S) boat crews.Leather was introduced late war experimentally for tank crews to help prevent severe burns.The second photo features officers of the HG pz.div.John
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
RZM

Post by RZM »

I cant see a diffrence between mine and the second photo..all the pics ive seen of u boat leathers were grey and not panzer wrap style..id see no problem wearing this at an event as a panzer crew officer...any thoughts?
"Was ist das?"

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”