M34 Feldmutze question

Moderator: Feldjager

bellumbill

M34 Feldmutze question

Post by bellumbill »

Hello guys -

I just picked up an M34 fm from Hessen, I assume its a Sturm made cap?. Anyway, my question is that I prefer when the cap fits more like a US overseas cap, without the large gap in the center of the cap. I hope I am being clear here. I assume just sew up the crown on the inside??

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Bill K.
m1steelpot

Re: M34 Feldmutze question

Post by m1steelpot »

bellumbill wrote:Hello guys -

I just picked up an M34 fm from Hessen, I assume its a Sturm made cap?. Anyway, my question is that I prefer when the cap fits more like a US overseas cap, without the large gap in the center of the cap. I hope I am being clear here. I assume just sew up the crown on the inside??

Thanks!

Bill K.
Use a vintage safety pin. Rusty ones turn up inside of original caps from time to time.
STEIGE AUS DEM BETT, DREH' DEN SWAG AUFFFFFF
bellumbill

Re: M34 Feldmutze question

Post by bellumbill »

m1steelpot wrote:
bellumbill wrote:Hello guys -

Thanks!

Bill K.
Use a vintage safety pin. Rusty ones turn up inside of original caps from time to time.
Really? Wow, that is a great bit of uniform minutia that I had never heard of! Thanks, that is great stuff.

Very best,

Bill K.

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”