Jan Macnicol military tailor

Moderator: Feldjager

PaulW

Jan Macnicol military tailor

Post by PaulW »

Hi, just wanted to recommend Jan Macnicol who is based in Kent, England. He has done some fantastic work for me on an AZM M44 tunic (I'm not currently re-enacting just collecting high quality copy stuff and a little original). He machined on insignia, aged it (not needed for re-enactors I know), added original buttons inside and out, put stamps in and even re-shaped the under collar tab to make it more accurate. He's reasonably priced and has given me permission to post his contact e-mail:-

jan.macnicol@tesco.net

I'm having a nightmare trying to post pics so won't bother but if you go on the Wehrmacht Awards Forum here (from post #66 for the M44) there are lots of pics on this thread and in my albums (PaulW) (also a good 'Bazaar' section for copy/ re-enacting stuff):-

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/ ... 430&page=5

Regards, Paul
pepperpot

Re: Jan Macnicol military tailor

Post by pepperpot »

He is les hearn's 85th, used to be with FG39-45.
graham
J.Klinsmann

Post by J.Klinsmann »

PaulW wrote:Hi, just wanted to recommend Jan Macnicol who is based in Kent, England. He has done some fantastic work for me on an AZM M44 tunic (I'm not currently re-enacting just collecting high quality copy stuff and a little original). He machined on insignia, aged it (not needed for re-enactors I know), added original buttons inside and out, put stamps in and even re-shaped the under collar tab to make it more accurate. He's reasonably priced and has given me permission to post his contact e-mail:-

jan.macnicol@tesco.net

I'm having a nightmare trying to post pics so won't bother but if you go on the Wehrmacht Awards Forum here (from post #66 for the M44) there are lots of pics on this thread and in my albums (PaulW) (also a good 'Bazaar' section for copy/ re-enacting stuff):-

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/ ... 430&page=5

Regards, Paul

I tried to Contact Jan, but didnt get a response?????

Nick
3Kp 1st SS PZ Div Second Battle Group

PaulW

Post by PaulW »

Hi Nick,
he's probably just away from home. I was in touch with him last week so I'd give it a few days and see if he gets back then.

Regards, Paul
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

jan, was running fg39-45 until its recent break up. He works for or at Dover Castle so he shouldnt be that difficult to get hold of
as in previous post he is now with Leas Hearn's unit. so try asking Les
graham
GFM manstein

Post by GFM manstein »

jan is on hoilday at the moment and should be back in a couple of weeks
he no longer works for dover castle but still does the tailoring
scott p vallins
Heer Generalfeldmarschall Erich von Manstein
Luftwaffe Generalfeldmarschall Dr(ing) Wolfram von Richthofen
SS Obergruppenfuhrer unt Gerneral der waffen SS Paul 'Papa' Hausser
kommissar

Post by kommissar »

FG39-45 has not broken up.
A membership issue arose at the beginning of this year which was not quickly resolved.
The result was that several members, all good veteran reenactors, took the decision to leave the group.
FG39-45 is still in business and during the close season we are in the process of adding to and improving our kit.

kommissar.

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”