Dog Green 1 Greatcoat

Moderator: Feldjager

Panzer Wittman

Dog Green 1 Greatcoat

Post by Panzer Wittman »

Just a few pics and a quick review of my most recent purchase from Chris aka Dog Green 1.

After having an excellent set of dot 44 for a good price from Chris I decided to take a punt on his greatcoat.

The coat is seriously heavyweight wool, comprable in thickness to RAUs stuff, though the wool is slightly greener and slightly darker IMO.

The price was as usual excellent for the goods recieved. It did take a fair while to arrive, but I did order over new year so was ready for a delay. The only slight whinge would be over the collar shape. As you can see from the rear shot, the collar cut isn't quite in line, leading to a kink in the material. While this may not completely go with wear, it should at least reduce. A mistake in the tailoring, but for the price it's nothing major.

All in all another good buy from Chris
Wittman
Attachments
photo (2).JPG
photo (2).JPG (140.76 KiB) Viewed 2447 times
photo (1).JPG
photo (1).JPG (119.17 KiB) Viewed 2447 times
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (126.95 KiB) Viewed 2447 times
Hauser

Re: Dog Green 1 Greatcoat

Post by Hauser »

Nice looking coat ! just wondered on the price ?? show season's upon us now, so just a thought if the price is right ? thanks :)
AFRA member
Panzer Wittman

Post by Panzer Wittman »

£85 plus p&p. Bargain! Also came with slip on heer em infantry boards so if that's your things it's even more of a good deal. I added the eagle and changed the boards for ss recon
erikbozwo2

Post by erikbozwo2 »

Then you should remove the cuffs aswell!
CDB taking it way too serious!
Panzer Wittman

Post by Panzer Wittman »

It'll be going for its cuffs taking off before its first field test. It usually costs me £10-£20 with my local seamstress for minor tinkering so it sill adds up to good value
Panzer Wittman

Post by Panzer Wittman »

Back from the chopshop and ready to get mucky
Attachments
coat2.jpg
coat2.jpg (148.5 KiB) Viewed 2077 times
coat1.jpg
coat1.jpg (98.37 KiB) Viewed 2077 times

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”