Rau and epic Knobelbecher

Moderator: Feldjager

Panzer Wittman

Rau and epic Knobelbecher

Post by Panzer Wittman »

Guten abend cameraden
I'm looking to purchase a pair of marching boots at the end of the month. I am on a budget and have been eyeing either rau or epics boots. They're very similar prices and styles. Does anyone know if they're the same make?
If not, does anyone own a pair to give an honest pair of one over the other. If they're the same, how do you rate this maker? No one in my group owns a pair so your help would be appreciated
Cheers in advance
Wittman
barryG

Re: Rau and epic Knobelbecher

Post by barryG »

Both sell post war boots, very high quality but with rubber soles which is fine if you dont show anyone your feet! I cant get my big feet in them, otherwise Id buy a pair. If youre refferring to repro ones, I dont think anyone in the UK stocks a pair that lasts more than a couple of seasons hard use but they are cheap.
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

barry, I know someone with a set of 13's of the boots you speak of for sale, how big is big enough? ;)
erikbozwo2 wrote: Pyotr, please don't take any advice from peiper.
barryG

Post by barryG »

Im a 12, but very wide feet. Just cant get them past the heel :oops:
Panzer Wittman

Post by Panzer Wittman »

Cheers for the reply. Yes I meant the repro ones. I have a pair of the post war ones but want a set of the 'rough out' wartime type. I know there are much better boots available. I'm getting a set of han Berger low boots but can't afford two sets of his great stuff at the same time so I'm looking for a budget set of rough out pattern marching boots to abuse for a while as I save up for a better pair. I know I could always just use my post war ones, and have before, but for me they're a little more parade boots than field boots
Panzer Wittman

Post by Panzer Wittman »

Jan not Han. Bloody iphooones. Sorry jan!
Rodian

Post by Rodian »

IMHO, use your post-war boots instead of buying cheap repro's. That way you will already have more money saved up for the good stuff :wink:
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

Rodian wrote:IMHO, use your post-war boots instead of buying cheap repro's. That way you will already have more money saved up for the good stuff :wink:
Ditto :wink:
Gliderinf / Luftlande
Panzer Wittman

Post by Panzer Wittman »

Cheers for the input boys!
grenmartens

Post by grenmartens »

I can recommend the Epic repro - I have a pair of the very nice Marching boots that RAU had (from Poland I think) around six years ago but they are wearing out now so I needed a replacement pair. I also have post-war 'Jacks' that I used for parade boots but the Epic repros are good value and look really good with a couple of coats of black boot polish and some wear - very comfortable as well. Much better than post war boots without breaking the bank - and really fast delivery from Epic, I ordered my pair one afternoon online - they arrived the next day! Some on here will argue the toss (as ever) but I speak as I find! Just my opinion at the end of the day though :wink:
J.Klinsmann

Post by J.Klinsmann »

Panzer Wittman wrote:Guten abend cameraden
I'm looking to purchase a pair of marching boots at the end of the month. I am on a budget and have been eyeing either rau or epics boots. They're very similar prices and styles. Does anyone know if they're the same make?
If not, does anyone own a pair to give an honest pair of one over the other. If they're the same, how do you rate this maker? No one in my group owns a pair so your help would be appreciated
Cheers in advance
Wittman
RAU Marching Boots are the Sturm Marching boot as are Epics, both suppliers get their boots from Germany, but the boots are made in China.

Panzer I have size 13s as well my friend, Richard is selling brand new out of the box Bundy Boots which are very nice, and have never ever been issued they come with wide calfs which for me was a god send, as I have spent to many years weight training.......anyway they are nice but you might have to be quick mate.......... what size calfs are you by the way with your FG trousers on??

The sturm ones I was tempted, but the shafts look a tad flimsy and not firm like the Bundy ones,I was put off Chinese made boots when the sole fell of my chinky shit low boots that I bought from RAU, all that said I have never had a pair of the marching boots so for me to comment wouldnt be right, I will say they do look good though..........im saving for a pair to be made from berger in germany the best in the world............but so expensive........ATF do some really nice ones aswell and as far as repros go look the best on the market for off the shelf boots.............the Bundy ones need to have the rubber stuck on sole taken off by a very good cobbler and another sole attached and studs fitted to look really good and give them the thick soles, mind you after all that messing with the Bundy boots you might as well go to ATF

I to would agree that Epics delivery is amazing its always been next day............Epic is good so long as you know what your looking at and what you are buying..............great bunch of guys and always put the customer first

Hope this helps mate

Nick
3Kp 1st SS PZ Div Second Battle Group

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”