Gavinmilitaria, any good??

Moderator: Feldjager

dagda

Gavinmilitaria, any good??

Post by dagda »

As above really! How accurrate are the uniforms? Is the wool good quality? General service? Recommend or avoid?

Nice One
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

MAA204

Re: Gavinmilitaria, any good??

Post by MAA204 »

Well, I've ordered twice from him now. He has good uniforms, nice wool and color.
As the sizing goes, I've found out that it's best you order one size larger than your actual size (well for me that was the case at least).

I've got his M40 Feldbluse and a M41 Drillich. And I must say I'm quite pleased with them.

The only down side is the fact that I had to send an e-mail o him in regards to him not shipping the items for starters, But when he responded he quickly resolved the issue and I got my package 4 or 5 days later!
I ordered on his website, but he also has an eBay page, so I don't know if the same problems happen there as well...

All in all a good vendor in my book.

Hope this helps,

MAA204
mark bogers

Post by mark bogers »

I've the Luftwaffe M35 Langhosen from him and it's quite good:D I like the the wool and colour.I got my package after 5 days!

I can recommend his Luftwaffe articles :wink:

See link: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16554&p=157592#p157592
Karl Fliege, kanonier der Deutsche Luftwaffe am Einsatzhafen Woensdrecht, Flakstelle Buitendreef 3./Lei. Flak-Abt. 668
mauser98

Post by mauser98 »

When ordering a greatcoat, do you need to order a size bigger than your normal tunic size or are his greatcoats sized to fit over the tunic?

Jim
mark bogers

Post by mark bogers »

Herr Mauser98

When i ordered my Luftwaffe Mantel at Pirschen, he said that I should take the same size. Just take your own tunic size ;)
Karl Fliege, kanonier der Deutsche Luftwaffe am Einsatzhafen Woensdrecht, Flakstelle Buitendreef 3./Lei. Flak-Abt. 668
mauser98

Post by mauser98 »

Herr Bogers,
Thanks for the tip. However, since I live in the States, Hessen is the only carrier of ANT-Z uniforms and won't have any Luft greatcoats till Fall or next Winter. I was thinking of buying a Gavin Luft Greatcoat. So again, for those of you who have purchased a Gavin Greatcoat, should I purchase mine one size larger to fit over my tunic or are they already sized larger to make a proper fit?

Thanks very much,
mauser98
Pz Gren Hoffmann

Post by Pz Gren Hoffmann »

They are already oversized for a proper fit. I got one, and so does quite a few people in my group aswell :)
mark bogers

Post by mark bogers »

I haven't contact anyone yet who purchased the Luftwaffe mantel from Gavin, but I suspect he will oversized it like herr Hoffmann says.
When you're not sure about it, tailor-made is also an option with him ;)

My M35 Langhosen is also tailor made. He maintained the sizes that I gave him and now I have a well fitted trousers :D

Cheers!

PS: If you purchase the Luftwaffe mantel from Gavin, please give me a review of it. Thanks in advance! :wink:
mauser98

Post by mauser98 »

Thank you Gentlemen, I appreciate your input. Upon arrival, I'll post my opinion.

Jim
mauser98
LAUF

Post by LAUF »

Notice: HBT from Gavin has a "shiny" cloth; I mean, the cloth is not bad, but It needs to fade a lot in the sun or several times in a washing machine to loose that "shiny" look.
Kurt Schulte

Post by Kurt Schulte »

i have been interested in buying HBT from Gavin actually, I have a tailored wool uniform from them and I couldn't be happier. I wonder if Original, Unissued HBT fabric had the same sheen?
Obergefreiter Kurt Schulte
2Kp. Großdeutschland
Ohio USA
benoitdargent

Post by benoitdargent »

I bought a HBT tunic from Gavin, it is the best I have seen before, The color is very close to the original, the fabric
is 100% linen. I saw many originals and found some have "shiny" look
Fritz

Post by Fritz »

The HBT fabric Gavin uses is ok, very close to the original. What I do not like about my Gavin HBT jacket:
- lousy buttonholes (STURM-style)
- buttons on the pockets are sewn on (not fixed with S-rings)
benoitdargent

Post by benoitdargent »

Fritz , I think you bought Gavin's old HBT, their new HBT is 100% linen, buttons on the pockets are fixed with S-rings.
Chainsaw 7

Post by Chainsaw 7 »

So, are all these Gavin Militaria items made in China? He advertises that his wool uniforms are made with 'German wool' :?
Last edited by Chainsaw 7 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”