Gavinmilitaria, any good??

Moderator: Feldjager

Kurt Schulte

Re: Gavinmilitaria, any good??

Post by Kurt Schulte »

Chainsaw 7 wrote:Still researching the Sports Suits amigo. Among the guys in my group, there seems to be some disagreement over the correct color for the sweat suit - black or navy blue. I say navy blue, other guys say black. Nobody has ever seen a gauranteed legit original ... or even a color photo of originals in use.

Similar problem with the shorts - nobody has ever seen originals & we can't agree on a pattern. I have documantation indicating that the fabric was black satin & that the garment had an elastic waist band and that it had one pocket. Even though I have shown my information to other guys in my outfit, they dispute the accuracy of the documentation I have ... so we have stalled.

I am getting my information from books by Andrew Mollo and Michael Beaver. Myself and another guy in the group have also found a bunch on photos on the web - but none are color.

At least we know where to get the correct shoes now! Did you see the shoes that Svec over in the Czech Republic is making? http://www.koutny-cz.eu They look really good!
I have seen them! I was actually the crazy fool that suggested he start making them. It sounds like you have come a ways with the sport suits, maybe someone lurking around here has any info on them..

apologies to all for hijacking the thread. back to gavin militaria now.
Obergefreiter Kurt Schulte
2Kp. Großdeutschland
Ohio USA
Andy2

Post by Andy2 »

Just got my LW tropical trousers from Gavin - 10 days after I had placed my order from the other side of the world and requesting personal tailoring. Excellent stuff (I'd have preferred them to be more orange-yellow like those sold by Hiki Shop, which I already have, but I've seen originals in this khaki-tan too), excellent cotton, excellent tailoring, they fit me perfectly. I believe they're in HK - had no problems whatsoever in communication or specific requests, in my experience they're as good as Chen (Pirschen/ANTZ-Military). Highly recommended regarding service and tailoring - I won't debate the finer points of repro accuracy, but they're good enough for me.
pirschen

Post by pirschen »

Chainsaw 7 wrote:Still researching the Sports Suits amigo. Among the guys in my group, there seems to be some disagreement over the correct color for the sweat suit - black or navy blue. I say navy blue, other guys say black. Nobody has ever seen a gauranteed legit original ... or even a color photo of originals in use.

Similar problem with the shorts - nobody has ever seen originals & we can't agree on a pattern. I have documantation indicating that the fabric was black satin & that the garment had an elastic waist band and that it had one pocket. Even though I have shown my information to other guys in my outfit, they dispute the accuracy of the documentation I have ... so we have stalled.

I am getting my information from books by Andrew Mollo and Michael Beaver. Myself and another guy in the group have also found a bunch of photos on the web - but none are color.

At least we know where to get the correct shoes now! Did you see the shoes that Svec over in the Czech Republic is making? http://www.koutny-cz.eu They look really good!
Oh,you know Andrew Mollo? I met Andrew in Shang Hai on 2008,he give me much help:)
quality WWI&WWII uniforms reproductions
http://www.antzmilitary.com
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Andy2 wrote: in my experience they're as good as Chen (Pirschen/ANTZ-Military).
Really? Inconsistent and often totally wrong? :D
pirschen

Post by pirschen »

Stigroadie wrote:
Andy2 wrote: in my experience they're as good as Chen (Pirschen/ANTZ-Military).
Really? Inconsistent and often totally wrong? :D
looked you like a connoisseur, so how many original uniforms do you have?
and can you show your original uniforms photos to me?
if you are like,I can show you my collect
have a nice day
Chen
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

This has nothing to do with how many uniforms anyone has. That's just a straw man argument.
I'm not making claims for my product. I dont have a product. I buy product from people like you and Gavin, about whom this thread is. You have your own thread to make comments in.
Do you deny that there are products in your range of uniforms that are not correct?
As you have admitted yourself, there are a few. There are some that never existed in real life, by definition they must be totally wrong.
pirschen wrote:have no SS M43 HBT jacket be used on history,just a lot of peoples ask me let me make SS M43 HBT.
Inconsistency? I hear plenty of tales of problems with visible lining and I hate to go back to it but those early trousers???? Customers of Hessen antique have been reporting some poor quality goods too.
pirschen

Post by pirschen »

Stigroadie wrote:This has nothing to do with how many uniforms anyone has. That's just a straw man argument.
I'm not making claims for my product. I dont have a product. I buy product from people like you and Gavin, about whom this thread is. You have your own thread to make comments in.
Do you deny that there are products in your range of uniforms that are not correct?
As you have admitted yourself, there are a few. There are some that never existed in real life, by definition they must be totally wrong.
pirschen wrote:have no SS M43 HBT jacket be used on history,just a lot of peoples ask me let me make SS M43 HBT.
Inconsistency? I hear plenty of tales of problems with visible lining and I hate to go back to it but those early trousers???? Customers of Hessen antique have been reporting some poor quality goods too.
what is the Inconsistency?
also,have BMW customers reporting quality problems, we can say BMW is poor quality car?
pirschen

Post by pirschen »

Stigroadie wrote:This has nothing to do with how many uniforms anyone has. That's just a straw man argument.
and if you have no any original uniforms, how you comment on this uniforms is good, that is bad?
and sir, who can made quality 100% no problems? do you know my after sell service is good or bad?
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

pirschen wrote:have BMW customers reporting quality problems, we can say BMW is poor quality car?
We might.
I had a BMW some time ago and I hated it.
What has any of this to do with Gavin Militaria?
Can you stop spamming this thread?
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Herr pirschen Stop spaming this post ,its not the First time YOU have done this on another Sellers post . So lets get back on topic
ImageImageImageImageImage
pirschen

Post by pirschen »

Franz repper wrote:Herr pirschen Stop spaming this post ,its not the First time YOU have done this on another Sellers post . So lets get back on topic
I accept:)
pirschen

Post by pirschen »

Franz repper wrote:Herr pirschen Stop spaming this post ,its not the First time YOU have done this on another Sellers post . So lets get back on topic
I accept:)
Steiner

Post by Steiner »

Hi, can I ask regarding wool tunic sizes, please. One person saying to buy a bigger size, and another saying not to. Any other opinions ?
"Stop that!!! Careful with my J-J!"
Mooyman

Post by Mooyman »

Gavin's sizes are smaller then expect.

Use his tailor service for just 8 dollar and up you go!

The best repro is an original...
Pz Gren Hoffmann

Post by Pz Gren Hoffmann »

I'm a 50R (european) and Gavins medium m42 tunic fits perfect.

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”