I bought their M42 coat. The wool is exactly same as Mil-Tec Sturm :wink:
Uffz. Heinrich Wiegrewe
1/Jnf.Rgt.18
"Kein Regiment soll besser sein!"
http://www.kvhwurm.cz
mark bogers

Re: Gavinmilitaria, any good??

Post by mark bogers »

Indeed! His wool, colour and shape are very good ;)

Recommended!
Karl Fliege, kanonier der Deutsche Luftwaffe am Einsatzhafen Woensdrecht, Flakstelle Buitendreef 3./Lei. Flak-Abt. 668
Chainsaw 7

Post by Chainsaw 7 »

OK, so he has some nice stuff. Is it made in China from German wool or what?
dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

Chainsaw 7 wrote:OK, so he has some nice stuff. Is it made in China from German wool or what?
Maybe the Chinese have just got thier wool right finally. Would seem strange for them to buy it in from Germany. They manage to clone most things so it was only a matter of time.
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

mark bogers

Post by mark bogers »

Indeed Dog green 1! I have his Luftwaffe m35 trousers and it fitts very well with the Luftwaffe Tuchrock that I purchased from you.
Karl Fliege, kanonier der Deutsche Luftwaffe am Einsatzhafen Woensdrecht, Flakstelle Buitendreef 3./Lei. Flak-Abt. 668
Gavinmilitaria

Post by Gavinmilitaria »

Most of our uniforms are top-quality, we copy them from originals, False advertising content is bound to mislead consumers.pls study more details of originals before buying a repro, that will save you much money.
Top-quality WWII Military Reproductions
http://www.gavinmilitaria.com/
Gavinmilitaria

Post by Gavinmilitaria »

We supply 100% linen HBT uniforms now, 100% linen cloth is the most expensive and comfortable fabric German army used
Top-quality WWII Military Reproductions
http://www.gavinmilitaria.com/
A.Weiss

Post by A.Weiss »

Gavinmilitaria wrote:Most of our uniforms are top-quality, we copy them from originals, False advertising content is bound to mislead consumers.pls study more details of originals before buying a repro, that will save you much money.
Post photos of your original uniforms here, beside their repros.

A.Weiß
dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

Why do you feel he needs to show pics of his originals? I'm sure no one asks Sturm for pics of thier originals tunics or plans, or RAU for pics when he was selling Polish made uniforms.

Before the days of forums people used to see a product, decide wether they liked the looks of it and bought it if they did.

Now you want to know excatly what its made of, what the copies are based on, is it the correct shade(if there is such a thing) and have any animals been harmed in the making of said garments. Christ i don't care where my Jeans were made and what they were copied from, just wether they look nice, fit well and will last more than a months wear.

Why not just pay for what you want, if you like it great, if not send it back and get a refund. Like people used to not that long ago.
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

Kurt Schulte

Post by Kurt Schulte »

dog green 1 wrote:Why do you feel he needs to show pics of his originals? I'm sure no one asks Sturm for pics of thier originals tunics or plans, or RAU for pics when he was selling Polish made uniforms.

Before the days of forums people used to see a product, decide wether they liked the looks of it and bought it if they did.

Now you want to know excatly what its made of, what the copies are based on, is it the correct shade(if there is such a thing) and have any animals been harmed in the making of said garments. Christ i don't care where my Jeans were made and what they were copied from, just wether they look nice, fit well and will last more than a months wear.

Why not just pay for what you want, if you like it great, if not send it back and get a refund. Like people used to not that long ago.

I couldn't agree more with you Chris, please correct me if I am wrong but the M42 I ordered from you was manufactured through Gavin? If so The uniform fit perfectly, It is the only uniform I have ever purchased that fit me. It was very well made, Wool was very comparable if not better than my 43 Sturm. I have worn this uniform to 3 events since I received it and have had many positive comments on it. On top of that after the purchase of this uniform I still had spare change to buy a few other items I have had on my list. A+ In my own personal book :wink: actually here is a picture on my finished M42 Tunic.

Obergefreiter Kurt Schulte
2Kp. Großdeutschland
Ohio USA
Pz Gren Hoffmann

Post by Pz Gren Hoffmann »

My Gavin products, i'm happy with them :)

Chainsaw 7

Post by Chainsaw 7 »

I've checked GM's website and I have a few questions...

Where are they located? What is their address? What is their phone number?

I ask these questions because I'm considering placing an order & I'd need to have uniform items tailored - I'm tall and I've got long arms & legs.

Call me crazy, but I'd like to actually speak with a person and I'd like to know a little more about the businiss I'm considering dealing with.
dagda

Post by dagda »

Ordered a pair of springerhosen and got them within 2 weeks, nice wool. Thrashed a popper but that was my fault. Defo order of them again!
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Kurt Schulte

Post by Kurt Schulte »

Chainsaw 7 wrote:I've checked GM's website and I have a few questions...

Where are they located? What is their address? What is their phone number?

I ask these questions because I'm considering placing an order & I'd need to have uniform items tailored - I'm tall and I've got long arms & legs.

Call me crazy, but I'd like to actually speak with a person and I'd like to know a little more about the businiss I'm considering dealing with.
They are located in China I believe, If you email them via the contact address on their website you should get a prompt reply, in english! So Far, the man or woman, has been able to answer all the questions I have had.

BTW, we had talked awhile back about seeing if we could get some Sport suits made, any luck?

Kurt
Obergefreiter Kurt Schulte
2Kp. Großdeutschland
Ohio USA
Chainsaw 7

Post by Chainsaw 7 »

Still researching the Sports Suits amigo. Among the guys in my group, there seems to be some disagreement over the correct color for the sweat suit - black or navy blue. I say navy blue, other guys say black. Nobody has ever seen a gauranteed legit original ... or even a color photo of originals in use.

Similar problem with the shorts - nobody has ever seen originals & we can't agree on a pattern. I have documantation indicating that the fabric was black satin & that the garment had an elastic waist band and that it had one pocket. Even though I have shown my information to other guys in my outfit, they dispute the accuracy of the documentation I have ... so we have stalled.

I am getting my information from books by Andrew Mollo and Michael Beaver. Myself and another guy in the group have also found a bunch of photos on the web - but none are color.

At least we know where to get the correct shoes now! Did you see the shoes that Svec over in the Czech Republic is making? http://www.koutny-cz.eu They look really good!
Last edited by Chainsaw 7 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”