Heer Combat Photographer Queries

Moderator: Feldjager

ssparatrooper

Re: Heer Combat Photographer Queries

Post by ssparatrooper »

Botty

butting in here, i have a leica 111a i have had some good results with it but if you are at any shows this year i could do with a "carde" on how to get the best results, i have read the theory side and i think i understand most of it but if you could give me a heads up on "those fucking light meters!"

i have a vidom rangefinder and the 13.5 Hecktor and another smaller one (that im sure has a bit missing because it dont focus like the other bigger one?)

if you are about and can spare a bit of time for a "proper mong" i would be happy for at least a while! :roll:
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Feldjager wrote:That photo appears to be a recoloured B&W image - if so, the waffenfarbe colour is totally unreliable.

I have a 1942 Zahlmeister manual which has a load of annexes at the back, one of which is a breakdown of uniforms, insignia etc., and a list of waffenfarbe. Propaganda troops are cited as having light grey waffenfarbe - not lemon yellow and not burgundy/carmine etc.

So original primary evidence puts it at light grey in 1942. What happened after that date then?

Burgundy red was smoke/chemical troops and Army Judiciary personnel when a sword cypher was worn on the boards.
Hi Feldjager :D
Iam in agreement with your previous post, obviously you are citing from the original source and iam not disputing you at all,
i don't think you have read my post thoroughly or have misinterperated it, i was not contradicting you or arguing :D
The grey waffenfarbe for PK Units came late 42-early 43, so this is the same as your explanation (see above),
previously to that PK piping was yellow (does it say that in your source?), if not what was the piping for PK Units
prior to 1942. ?
The crimson red piping for film crews is a different story, this Unit was a seperate entity to the PK Units and were classed in
a seperate catagory, this is what i have read from various other different sources not just one.
"Please don't shoot the messenger!", iam only quoting on references i have read as i said from numerous sources,
(See previous post for list of reference books)
Iam not inferring iam an authority on the subject at all, quite the opposite, i was simply answerring a question on this post
with the references available to me. :?
You seem to be taking this discussion personally, and i do not wish to be involved in a "bun-fight!", so i will let the discussion
end on a friendilly note :D

Kind regards, Peiper :D
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Peiper wrote:
Feldjager wrote:That photo appears to be a recoloured B&W image - if so, the waffenfarbe colour is totally unreliable.

I have a 1942 Zahlmeister manual which has a load of annexes at the back, one of which is a breakdown of uniforms, insignia etc., and a list of waffenfarbe. Propaganda troops are cited as having light grey waffenfarbe - not lemon yellow and not burgundy/carmine etc.

So original primary evidence puts it at light grey in 1942. What happened after that date then?

Burgundy red was smoke/chemical troops and Army Judiciary personnel when a sword cypher was worn on the boards.
Hi Feldjager :D
Iam in agreement with your previous post, obviously you are citing from the original source and iam not disputing you at all,
i don't think you have read my post thoroughly or have misinterperated it, i was not contradicting you or arguing :D
The grey waffenfarbe for PK Units came late 42-early 43, so this is the same as your explanation (see above),
previously to that PK piping was yellow (does it say that in your source?), if not what was the piping for PK Units
prior to 1942. ?
The crimson red piping for film crews is a different story, this Unit was a seperate entity to the PK Units and were classed in
a seperate catagory, this is what i have read from various other different sources not just one.
"Please don't shoot the messenger!", iam only quoting on references i have read as i said from numerous sources,
Iam not inferring iam an authority on the subject at all, quite the opposite, i was simply answerring a question on this post
with the references available to me. :?
You seem to be taking this discussion personally, and i do not wish to be involved in a "bun-fight!", so i will let the discussion

Herr Peiper Intresting I hope you are not getting confused you state that
Herr Peiper wrote
Piping was yellow on the SS Kriegsberichter around 1942 till the end of the war in my listing it has Propagada-Truppen (Krigsberichter)
Never on the Heer it is stated that its Light grey in my 1940 manual
ImageImageImageImageImage
Botty

Post by Botty »

Prokagandakompanie organisation: Written word, picture, movie and radio tranasmissions all shown in the same unit.

Nothing personal Peiper. However we do seem to go round in circles with your posts (and not just with this one). You state some incorrect information. Someone who knows the subject gives you the proper information. You continue to ague the point (badly).
iam only quoting on references i have read as i said from numerous sources,
As I and Fedjager have pointed out you are NOT quoting references. If you can quote book, page and what is said I may be prepared to investigate and alter my understanding of the subject. You could do well to alter your attitude to do the same. Maybe you would get into less problems on the forum if you did.
Be a pessimist and never be disappointed.
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Right Now young Peiper this is going no where AND you are winding people up with your constant "i know better than you attitude" whilst a discussion over something like this is a bloody good thing the way you are putting it over is not. I would suggest that before you hit the return key you spend a few minuits reading your own posts and THINK is this worded right could it be missunderstood and more to the point have i read the post i am commenting on correctly and effectivley, we all missread sometimes so the order of the day is CHECK, CHECK and check again. Lastly opinions without solid references to back them up are as obvious as spunk stains on a nuns habit and about as much use as tits on a rooster, give the reference and if possible a scanned copy of the page.

Getting feckin fed up having to continualy referee possible scraps involving you so cut it out cos i am sick of getting continual moans all the time from other people including at least 5 moderators.

:evil:
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Peiper wrote:
Greetings :D
It seems people have taken offence to some of my posts :(
I can only applogise about that if i have caused offence in any way :?
I have always tried to be sincere in my reponses and have always tried to
avoid an argument (see previous post). :(
Unfortunately my discussions seem to be taken personally, all i can do is
moderate my posts and replies in future to avoid any further bad feeling.

Best regards P. :?
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Crazy Feldgendarme wrote: Lastly opinions without solid references to back them up are as obvious as spunk stains on a nuns habit and about as much use as tits on a rooster, give the reference and if possible a scanned copy of the page.
Sincere greetings
I did find another source regarding the dicussion about Waffenfarbe colours.
Before i begin i would like to say that iam just quoting this item, and iam not saying it is correct or
am i in agreement with it, as i do not wish my posts to cause offence again.
It is supposed to be the "official" HM order/ ref numbers which i had found before regarding waffenfarbe colours.
If this is incorrect please disregard it and do not take offence as this is not my opinion, as i say iam only quoting it
as i thought it may be of intrest.
(See-below)

"Properganda kompagnies, grey waffenfarbe, instituted on 25th Jan 1943 (HM 43, No. 112)."

"Heeresfilmwesen (Movie Service), crimson waffenfarbe, instituted on 7th May 1941 (HM 41, No. 302) :s.c."

Regards P.
Botty

Post by Botty »

Thats better.

Interesting about the film troops. If you found the reference on the web can you give us the link? Otherwise what source was it and I will follow it up.

If you have the original can you (or anyone else who has access to it) maybe do a scan and post it?
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Botty wrote:Thats better.

Interesting about the film troops. If you found the reference on the web can you give us the link? Otherwise what source was it and I will follow it up.
If you have the original can you (or anyone else who has access to it) maybe do a scan and post it?
Greetings Botty :D
Im still trying to find the "primary source", the "HM" numbers were copied from another military site :D
Bear with me and i will get to the original link :wink:

Regards P. :D
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Greetings kameraden :D
I found the "source" admitedly it is a secondary source :?
This is the title of the book where the HM orders were listed,
and would be intrested in anybody's opinion on it, ie: whether
the information is correct or not.
see below:

"Vol 2, Uniforms and Traditions of the German Army 1933-45"
"By: J. Angolia and Adolf Schlicht"

Regards P. :wink:
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Peiper wrote:Greetings kameraden :D
I found the "source" admitedly it is a secondary source :?
This is the title of the book where the HM orders were listed,
and would be intrested in anybody's opinion on it, ie: whether
the information is correct or not.
see below:
"Vol 2, Uniforms and Traditions of the German Army 1933-45"
"By: J. Angolia and Adolf Schlicht"
Regards P. :wink:
Greetings :D
Botty PM'd me :wink:
Looks like i might be right for once :lol: :lol:

Regards P. 8)
Botty

Post by Botty »

I didn't say that :shock:

I said I will follow the info up.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Peiper wrote: Looks like i might be right for once :lol: :lol:
Sorry Botty :D
If you see above i said "i might be right" :?
Anyway no matter as long as we are on the right track :D

Regards Peiper :wink:
Botty

Post by Botty »

If you are right though I will be the first to admit it :D

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”