Load out questions

Moderator: Feldjager

johankreig

Load out questions

Post by johankreig »

Just a few questions with regards to the equipment loadout of FG:

would y straps have been used?

what weapons would they have carried? would the K98 have been used?

How many mag pouches would they carry?

which side should the pistol be on?

I currently use my K98 as this is all i have for now, with a single tripple mag pouch over my left hip and my holster on my right, I also just recently got some y straps as I was orrigionally doing fallshirmjager, do I still need these for an fg impression, if not they may go up for sale.
Name: Jonathan
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
Gliderinf

Re: Load out questions

Post by Gliderinf »

That word doesnt exist - please stop using it!!
Gliderinf / Luftlande
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

what word?
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

The one that didnt exist until people started playing airsoft.
Gliderinf / Luftlande
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

Well as far as i am aware its a term currently used by military forces, and I couldnt think of another word to describe what i was asking about, does it realy matter that much if I use such a word, its just a question.
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

Your kit sounds fine.

the main differance with FGs is they are more smartly turned out - so as to set the example - and they generally hang on to marching boots / early tunics / kragenbinde. Collar fastened, clean kit etc.

K98 is fine - not sure of the percentage issue of pistols ?

I think people tend to asuume that they all have MP40s - but K98 would be much more common.

Y-straps - i would think is dependant on how much kit weight you have on. and what time period ?

yes - that word is bloody anoying!!
Gliderinf / Luftlande
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

well apart from the boots (using mock jump boots as i am doing fallsjirmjager fg) I seem to have the right look then, thanks, will hang on to my y-straps for now then, just in case, just need to get some warmer field gear clothing, trops aint fun in winter.
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

AH - I thought you meant you were swapping from Falshie to Heer FG. But you meant from Falshie Infantry to Falshie FG ?

Still think your set up sounds fine - but I'm sure there'll be someone more versed in such things, along shortly.
Gliderinf / Luftlande
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

ye, sorry, I figured from my previos posts, people would know i do Fallshirmjager, (get shouted at when i use fallshie), also on that note for kit, would FJ FG use Luftwaffe Feild Unit or army cammo, want to know if I can use the army splinter smocks etcc in the summer months.
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

Any cammo worn would be Luftwaffe cammo.

Though - being FG - they probably wear it a lot less often than their infantry counterpart.
Gliderinf / Luftlande
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

ok will stick to my smock and a winter smock once i get one, I know fallshirmjager use them.
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

"winter smock"

If You mean the winter padded suit - then yes you can use army cammo - get the pants as well - it should be worn as a suit - rather than just the jacket. It's a common mistake (we've all done it) to wear just the top - it's very rare to see the top worn without the bottom.

Also - (army wise at leest) padded suits are mostly an eastern front thing - they are designed for a cold/cold environmet rather than a cold/wet environmet. greatcoats keep out rain better and dry quicker - so even winter 44-45 it's greatcoats on the western front.
Gliderinf / Luftlande
SplinterB

Post by SplinterB »

Your profile pick has an army eagle on it John :P
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

Only ground units had a police attachment, the only difference between FG and Fallschirmjaeger (not fallshy!!) is on the shoulder boards, having said that not all FG were fully badged up. It was the Gorget that indicated that they were police. Army eagles on the gorgets were late war replacements for the luftwaffe eagles, so no problem there. The pistol should be on the LHS (cant find the issued rule about this) the mag pouch would have been over the RHS, having said that if you have a pair of pouches that would do. (as a flieger, but this rank was only used as a last resort)). Normal lowest rank was Gefreiter, with mp38/40, these were standard issue to any rank above flieger, therefore no k98 or pouches. Check out men at arms Osprey 312, page 24, Again having said that this book is WRONG with regard to Luftwaffe Geheime Feldpolizei, which impression i have been doing for the last 5 years rank Oberfeldpolizeidirektor (plate C2). You can get the book from here http://www.ospreypublishing.com/. Use google search, it brings up quite a lot including 'wiki' and you can filter out what you require, also contact dave page (mod) i think he has somewhere a very large room full on the Wehrmacht FD
graham
Luftwaffe Society.
Olly

Post by Olly »

Not an expression used when I was in the army, possibly the American military, defiantly an air softerism.

Return to “Feldgendarmerie”