Reed-green "drillich" summer uniform

Moderator: Feldjager

Hennig

Reed-green "drillich" summer uniform

Post by Hennig »

Ok this could go in the uniform ect section , but thought it better in here ? and my question is that i am in need of a Reed-green "drillich" summer uniform and want to know what insignia was applied to said uniform for us in the SS-FG ?
Would it of been the same as the wool uniform as i have heard that not all insignia was put on the summer one ? true or false ??????
What would be an ideal vendor to purchase said uniform , i have been told Zeugmeisterie , SOF or RAU , i have been looking at the militaria net M40 tunic what do you think of this one ?
Many thanks in advance :wink:

mike
SS Schar Hennig Der FG
SS-Feldgend Tr 1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
SECOND BATTLE GROUP
Viktor Kauer

Re: Reed-green "drillich" summer uniform

Post by Viktor Kauer »

I really love the Militaria Net M40 SS HBT sets, one of the guys in my group FG 3945 has one and it's excellent quality and perfect in my opinion, avoid SoF HBT at all costs! :shock:

For insignia, I would say it's upto the user himself, after all HBT summer uniforms never actually belonged to the soldier himself (were issued at the beginning of summer and taken back to the QM at the end) and so you often see them with solely an arm eagle, however there are also cases where full insignia is attached. If it suits your impression, I would recommend BeVo insignia all the way, however all I have on my HBT jacket is just an arm eagle and rank chevron.

For FG, on the other hand, you may want to have your additional insignia to show you are who you are in the field :wink:
Feldjager

Post by Feldjager »

Most drillich issued to FG didn't have the arm eagle or cuff title attached - not to say it never happened, however of the photos I have to hand at the moment wear can positively ID drillich, 87% have no additional insignia above litzen and eagle. I'm not that au fait with SS insignia, so I'll defer opinion on the use of collar tabs for the moment. One thing I do have a quite a few photos of, curiously, is the use of the auxiliaries arm band with the gorget (normally never the twain shall meet on the same person!), which may suggest it was used as 'ersatz' insignia - this is only apparent with the drillich uniforms, and not the wool.

The best drillich uniforms I have are by Lost Battalions and Zeugmeisterie. Personally I think the SoF etc. sold ones pale into insignificance in comparison. This is my LB one with me masquerading as Feldjägerkorps:

Dave
Feldgendarmerie Trupp 82 - http://www.feldgendarmerie.co.uk
Panzer Nachrichten Abt. 38 - http://www.funker.co.uk
Hauptverbandplatz 82 - http://www.hvp82.co.uk

LHA members
Hennig

Post by Hennig »

Thanks gentlemen for your replies , i have ben told that the SOF ones are from SM wholesale ? or was , and because of this was led to believe are a good item , to at least concider .
Was speaking to the founding member of our group today and he has told me what is to be worn in my case , so again many thanks for your input in this matter :wink: 8)

mike
SS Schar Hennig Der FG
SS-Feldgend Tr 1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
SECOND BATTLE GROUP

Return to “Feldgendarmerie”